Northrop Grumman Engineer Software 1 in Woodland Hills, California
Engineer Software 1
Requisition ID: 18006772
Location(s): United States-California-Woodland Hills
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Working in Northrop Grumman Mission Systems means making a direct contribution to mission projects that keep our homeland safe, expanding the boundaries of possibility and reshaping the world we live in.
Working in Northrop Grumman Mission Systems means making a direct contribution to mission projects that protect our homeland, expand the boundaries of possibility and reshape the world in which we live. We are seeking a Software Engineer 1 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position involves C/C /UNIX/Java software development of enhancements to complex scientific software applications, with a specific focus on algorithm implementation for sensor-based signal processing. The individual selected for this position will support an effort to develop requirements and design from algorithm specifications, implement, integrate and test the approved designs, and update corresponding documentation and interfaces.
• C/C /UNIX/Java software development and maintenance.
• Ability to work independently or on a team.
• Communicate clearly and effectively with the development team and team lead.
• Support requirements definition and specifications for software enhancements.
• Design and implement software enhancements and maintenance.
• Create and execute unit and integration tests, and document test procedures.
• Document software changes in updates to operator manuals and white papers.
• Support system integration.
• Travel as necessary.
The basic requirements for a level 1 are a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related technical discipline with a minimum of 1 year of relevant experience; or a Master's degree and 0 years’ experience.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below.
• Demonstrate a good knowledge of industry practices, techniques and standards and proficiency with C or C software.
• Experience in software engineering/development and/or related experience using C/C or UNIX or Java
• Practical experience with all phases of the software development life cycle, from requirements through integration and testing.
• Experience with designing, developing, documenting, testing and debugging applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
• Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
• Ability to work on a team and to execute tasks according to published schedules.
• Experience developing in UNIX or Java development environments.
• Working knowledge of software version control applications.
• Be able to function under general supervision and review of work for sound judgment, adequacy and accuracy.
• Apply organizational, communication and interpersonal skills when coordinating with both internal and external management, staff and customers.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen with Active DOD Top Secret Security Clearance.
• Optimization and throughput expertise on multi-core architectures, including ability to write portable code that vectorizes across multiple platforms.
• Data movement using middleware technology, such as CORBA and/or MPI.
• Scientific programming with emphasis in signal processing or ground-based phased array radar systems.
• Experience writing technical documentation.
• Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
• Experience with X-Windows software development.
• Experience with ClearCase and Subversion.
• Master's degree
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Engineer Software 1
Location: California-Woodland Hills
Requisition ID: 18006772