Univision Summer Internship – Los Angeles – News Departement in Los Angeles, California
Summer Internship – Los Angeles – News Departement
Los Angeles, CA
As the leading company reaching Hispanic America today, Univision delivers premier entertainment, news and sports content to U.S. Hispanics through its television, radio and interactive platforms. Univision is looking to recruit top talent for our Internship program to join our mission of informing, entertaining, and empowering U.S. Hispanic consumers. The ideal candidate is at the top of their class, is a self-starter, and is eager to learn in a team environment. Our internship program strives to grow our interns’ knowledge of the media industry and expand their networking opportunities.
SUMMER PROGRAM DETAILS:
Starts: Thursday, June 7th Ends: Friday, August 10th
• Runs 10 weeks; maximum of 40 hours/per week
• Projects designed to build knowledge, skills, and experience in the Media Industry
• Exposure to various business leaders and company initiatives
• Additional training and development workshops to build transferrable business skills
• Deadline to apply is March 30th
• Work directly with seasoned reporters on individual projects such as; story ideas pitched by students, stories assigned by executive producers and/or news director as well as supporting the investigative team with research.
• Interns will learn important tools of the trade such as news gathering, organization and communications skills, improve their news writing, reading, shooting and editing as well as their own camera look.
• Special projects as assigned.
• Must be pursuing a Bachelor degree at an accredited institution.
• Must be a rising Jr., rising Sr., or recent May 2017 graduate.
• Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above .
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
• Social Media skills preferred.
• Knowledge of I News program a plus.
• Knowledge of Illustrator, and Photoshop required.
About Univision Communications Inc.
Univision Communications Inc. (UCI) is a top-tier multimedia company with 17 broadcast, cable and digital networks; 59 TV stations; 67 radio stations; online and mobile apps, products and content creation facilities. UCI focuses on delivering a branded experience everywhere its audience is, reaching 89 million unduplicated consumers monthly across its portfolio. As a mission-driven Company, UCI is committed to informing, entertaining and empowering Hispanic America.
Univision Communications Inc. (UCI) en una empresa multimedia del más alto nivel, con 17 cadenas de televisión de señal abierta, por cable y digital; 59 estaciones de TV; 67 emisoras de radio; aplicaciones en línea y para dispositivos móviles, productos y sedes para creación de contenido. UCI se centra en ofrecer una experiencia con la marca dondequiera que esté su audiencia, alcanzando a más de 89M de consumidores mensuales en todas las plataformas. Como Compañía impulsada por una misión, UCI se centra en informar, entretener y empoderar a la comunidad hispana en los Estados Unidos.
For more information, please visit www.Univision.net.
Univision is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Vets and Disabled