SMG Server in Los Angeles, California
DEPARTMENT: Food and Beverage
REPORTS TO: F&B Manager
FLSA STATUS: Hourly/Non-Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for Server for SMG/The Greek Theatre. Responsible for -- serving guest in a courteous, helpful, professional and pleasant manner. The server is responsible for duties as greeting guest, serving the guests' needs, opening and closing side work and other service related duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Server will follow through with the proper and timely set-up and execution of events. Set up includes tables, chairs.
- Inspect linen, silver, and china prior to using them
- Maintain a high degree of professionalism. Maintain all equipment and facilities in an organized clean, safe environment.
- Review any special orders and event specifics at the beginning of each shift
- Be in communication with supervisors regarding any special needs.
- Knowledge of menu items, ingredients, preparation methods and garnishes for all dishes
- Maintain high standards of safety and cleanliness in all areas
- Communicate any areas of needs, problems, and concerns from guest to F&B Manager
- Maintaining proper dining experience, delivering items, fulfilling customer needs, removing courses, replenishing utensils, refilling glasses.
- Delivering alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks for service to your customers table
- Properly open and pour wine at the tableside
- Perform all opening, side and closing duties as well as all daily and weekly duties to the set standards
- Performing basic cleaning tasks as needed as directed by supervisor
- Greet all guests warmly with an appropriate greeting
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently
- Understands and can communicate products and services available at the venue
No Supervisory Responsibilities for the position
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Must be 21 to apply.
- High school diploma/GED preferred
- Must have current SeveSafe certification
- Must have current TIPs certification
- Must have LEAD training through California Alcohol Beverage Control
Skills and Abilities
- Positive, customer service oriented attitude at all times
- Strong Knowledge of sanitary practices
- Maintains proper grooming and dress code standards
- Work ethic encourages strong urgency and quality in a team environment
- Ability to work with other staff members in the facility
- Ability to undertake and completed multiple tasks
- Attention to detail
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events. This position requires stooping and lifting. Must be able to lift at least 40 lbs.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Apply at- https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1152751&d=ExternalCareerSite&r=5000313152406#/
Recruiter- Edva Rivas
The Greek Theatre
2700 N Vermont Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90027
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 323.391.6001
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled