SMG Production / Ops Assistant in Los Angeles, California
POSITION: Production / Ops Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Production / Operations
REPORTS TO: Production / Operations Manager
FLSA STATUS: Hourly/Non-Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for Production / Operations Assistant for SMG/ The Greek Theatre. Responsible for -- assisting Production / Operations Manager, ensuring the success of the show, events, and productions by managing the technical and personnel aspects of the production and operations departments. Scope includes, the entire Venue (supporting & collaborating with the GM) with thorough & detailed preparations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Distribute daily / weekly show schedules, to all production, operations managers and promoter rep's in a timely basis
- Assist all departments, to provide the technical details and hospitality details for all shows / events
- Interface with Local and Touring production personnel
- Assist with IATSE #33 Stage crew, direction, timekeeping, and records
- Maintain a detailed and thorough filing system of all past show files on a venue shared drive.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Must be 18 to apply. Received High school diploma or GED; and at least six (6) months customer service experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to speak and understand English
- California State Driver's License, insurance required
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced diverse environment
- Convey strong verbal & interpersonal skills
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Must be able to work irregular hours including nights, weekend and/or holidays as needed.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for hours at a time.
- Ability to deal tactfully in stressful situations and stay calm under pressure.
- Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic
- Spanish speaking is a plus
- 2-way radio experience
- Computer education PC or MAC , Word, Excel, Power point, experience
- Forklift California certification
- Osha 10 knowledge and / or certification
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events. Be capable of lifting up to 50lbs. This position is not substantially exposed to adverse conditions other than loud sound for some events. And Long Hours
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Apply at- [Link to job posting in RM]
SMG / The Greek Theatre
2700 North Vermont Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90027
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (323) 606-8441.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled