US Foods Meat Packer in Hawthorne, California
Prepare, open and pack meat products to achieve production demands. Must adhere to USDA Safety and Sanitation Regulations and customer specifications.
- Work in a fast paced environment preparing meat products to feed lines and/or prepare for the next stage of processing
- Effectively utilize tools, processes, and materials to process and package meat products within planned schedules
- Follow all Food Safety requirements and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices)
- Perform visual inspection of meat products to meet certain specifications
- Meet company standards and customer specifications
- Assist in cleanliness of general work area
# EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
Must be able to work continually in a refrigerated environment 35°F- 45°F. May require overtime with or without notice. Finish time is when work is completed.
- High School graduate or GED preferred.
- Basic Reading, Writing and Math skills
- Minimum one-year production and/or warehouse experience preferred.
- Minimum one year experience in a food processing/manufacturing environment required.
- Minimum one year experience in food production or food warehouse environment preferred.
- Able to work overtime as needed
- Perform various roles including activities such as product packaging, sorting, reboxing, marination, further processing and facility sanitation while adhering to company manufacturing requirements and safety regulations.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
•Must be able to perform the following physical activities for described length of time. Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. repetitively OCCASIONALLY: 1% - 33% FREQUENTLY: 34% - 66% CONTINUOUSLY: 67% - 100% Never: 0%JOB REQUIRES WORKER TO:SIT: NeverSTAND: ContinuouslyWALK: OccasionallyDRIVE: NeverJOB REQUIRES WORKER TO LIFT:1-10lbs: Frequently10-20lbs: Frequently25-50lbs: Frequently50-100lbs: OccasionallyOver 100lbs: NeverJOB REQUIRES WORKER TO CARRY:1-10 lbs.: Frequently10-20 lbs.: Frequently 25-50 lbs.: Occasionally50-100 lbs.: OccasionallyOver 100 lbs.: NeverJOB REQUIRES WORKER TO:Push/pull: Frequently Step/Climb/balance: Occasionally Stoop/squat:OccasionallyKneel: NeverBend: FrequentlyReach above shoulder: OccasionallyGrasp objects: ContinuouslyManipulate objects: ContinuouslyReach/Turn: Frequently
Primary Location: Hawthorne-CA
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Meat/Fish Processing
Job Level: Individual Contributor