Belcan Controller (OEM) in Hawthorne, California
Job Number: 280322
Description: A Controller position in Hawthorne, California is currently available through one of Belcan’s top Aerospace clients. To qualify for the controller position you will have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; 10+ years of accounting experience; 5+ years of management experience; Strong understanding of GAAP, accrual accounting and cost accounting. In this position you will be responsible for developing and implementing systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying and reporting information.
• Managing and overseeing the daily operations of the accounting department, including AR and AP.
• Lead the monthly close process, ensuring timely and accurate preparation of financial statements, account reconciliations and variance analysis.
• Perform the monthly Cost/Inventory close process and review manufacturing variances
• Supports external audit process by reviewing and providing documentation
• Work with the CFO to ensure a clean and timely year-end audit
• Financial forecasting and planning
• Perform variance analysis
• Support management on analyses and ad hoc projects
• Works with management on annual budget process
• Calculate annual standard costs
• Set-up cycle count process for future years or support year-end physical inventory
• Maintains accounting controls by preparing, recommending, and following policies and procedures
• Supports CFO with special projects and workflow process improvements
• Recommend and implement process improvements
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
• Minimum 10 years accounting experience required with 5-7 years in management
• Manufacturing and Cost Accounting experience preferred
• Experience with ERP implementations a plus
• Proven track record of successfully managing staff and developing accounting processes
• Strong understanding of GAAP and accrual accounting
• Extensive Financial reporting experience
• Excellent written/oral communication and interpersonal skills required
• Advanced computer skills in MS Office and ERP software
• Ability to prioritize, manage workload and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
• Excellent problem solving skills. Must have initiative and drive to root out problems and provide solutions
• Ability to work independently and monitor own work to ensure quality
If you are interested in this Controller job in Hawthorne, California, please apply via the “apply now” link provided. Belcan is a leading provider of qualified personnel to many of the world's most respected enterprises. We offer excellent opportunities for contract/temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct assignments in the technical, IT, professional, and clerical fields. We are the employer of choice for thousands worldwide. Our overriding goal is to provide quality staffing solutions that help people, organizations, and communities succeed. Belcan is a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.belcan.com.
Location: Hawthorne , CA
Minimum Experience (yrs): 10+ years
Required Education: Bachelor (BA, BS...)
Return to search results Email this job to a friend
If you have previously registered with us, pleaseLog into apply for this position.
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart