City of Hope Manager, Contact Center in Duarte, California
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 5,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nationâ€™s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Under the general direction of the Contact Center Director, the Contact Center Manager will oversee the centralized phone tree model including the screening and routing of calls to New Patient Services, Scheduling, Triage Nursing, Physician Offices and the Operators. Manages the day-to-day operations of the PBX operators and ensure a high level of customer satisfaction. Acts as the primary user liaison for the organizationâ€™s Avaya phone system. Independently exercises discretionary powers to solve operational problems by using continuously improvement processes.
Personnel Management- Accomplishes contact center human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning work, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; administering timekeeping system; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
Customer Service Ensure a high level of customer service by conducting weekly quality monitoring of calls; motivating and encourage agents through positive feedback; taking difficult calls when an agent needs assistance; working to resolve patient and provider complaints; establish regular meetings with providers and other departments to review call center performance.
Operational Management Meets contact center financial objectives by estimating requirements; preparing annual budget; managing expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions. Continuously assess and streamline processes, establishing and implementing standard work, maintaining performance boards, monitoring metrics, coordinating meetings and facilitating workgroups. Prepares performance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends. Maintains equipment by evaluating and installing equipment; developing preventive maintenance programs; calling for repairs; evaluating and implementing upgrades.
Special Projects Handle special projects involve supporting work related to various strategic initiatives such as improving patient access, improving patient satisfaction, and implementing new systems.
Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, includingadherence to theworkplaceCode of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Maintains professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in call center operations management; attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
The following shared, organization-wide competencies describe the desired behaviors that will facilitate success at City of Hope:
- Communication - Expresses ideas clearly and constructively (written and spoken, upward and downward, one-on-one and with groups).
- Customer Service - Seeks to understand customer needs and works to exceed customer expectations (internal and external).
- Initiative - Looks for opportunities to improve performance; manages time, work, and relationships effectively and efficiently.
- Professionalism - Treats others with respect; abides by the institutional values; displays a positive and cooperative attitude; adheres to the workplace Code of Conduct and compliance policies.
- Stewardship - Identifies efficiencies to reduce redundancy and/or elimination of tasks resulting in savings of cost, resources, and or/time.
- Teamwork - Works proactively and collaboratively with others to streamline work and achieve mutual goals.
The position directly supervises: PBX Operators / contact center representatives.
The position indirectly supervises: none
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree
- At least 5 years call or contact center experience as a manager. One year work experience scheduling and taking complex scheduling calls with a cancer center.
- Six Sigma Certification
- Medical Terminology
- Knowledge of Medical Insurances
- Quantitative skills for statistical analysis and budget assessment.
- Desktop, telephone, cell phone, pager, fax, copier
Working / Environmental Conditions:
- Occasional travel required
- Light physical effort (lift/carry up to 10 lbs.)
- Mostly sedentary work
- Occasional standing/walking
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. #LI-RA