PIH Health LABORATORY SUPERVISOR (WHITTIER), FULL TIME, (** FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY) in Whittier, California
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multi-specialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
The Laboratory Supervisor assists the laboratory manager/director in the management of the laboratory staff and day to day operations, This includes, but not limited to, staff scheduling, hiring, coaching, counseling, training, competency development and assessment; Human Resource employee relation issues; department budgets; policy and regulatory compliance; and Quality Assurance/Improvement. This is a management position.
- Technical skills in laboratory science
- Working knowledge of quality control rules
- Knowledge of regulatory standards (CLIA, DHS, CAP, Joint Commission)
- Precise with details and organizational skills
- Writing and technical writing skills
- Problem solving ability
Knowledge of computers, word processing and spread sheet skills preferable Required Experience
California Clinical Laboratory license
- Five (5) years as clinical laboratory scientist (medical technologist) with good general knowledge of all laboratory sections, including one year of acute care hospital lab experience is required
- Three (3) Previous supervisory experience preferred
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V
Tracking Code: 4903-977
Job Location: Whittier, California, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Shift Hours: 1