PIH Health HR BENEFITS SPECIALIST (WHITTIER): FULL-TIME in Whittier, California
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multi-specialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
THIS IS TO FILL A FULL-TIME POSITION IN THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPT AT PIH HEALTH HOSPITAL - WHITTIER
The HR Benefits Specialist assists in the administration, implementation, and communication of all employee benefit plans and other related benefit plans of other related entities. Assists with monthly benefits invoices and reconciliation. Responsible for consistently displaying teamwork approach, considering the impact of his/her actions and behaviors on others.
- Knowledge of office equipment.
- Computer literate to include Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic calculations.
- Good interpersonal skills required.
- Perform in an independent manner, anticipating needs of employees, applicants and management. Careful attention to office duties, agreeable acceptance and prompt execution of all work assignments.
Knowledge of current State and Federal employment laws. Required Experience
Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field
- Must have three (3) years of prior experience in Human Resources or related field
- Word processing skills; computer, word processing & spreadsheet skills
- Ability to maintain composure and balance multiple conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment; excellent communication, organizational and listening skills, ability to maintain the highest level of discretion and confidentiality
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V
Tracking Code: 4891-977
Job Location: Whittier, California, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Shift Hours: 40 hours a week