Macy's Starbucks Supervisor, Full Time: Walnut Creek, CA, Macy’s Broadway Plaza in Walnut Creek, California
Overview:The Starbucks Supervisor is responsible for running an efficient, professional, safe and profitable Starbucks operation following all company standards. Perform other duties as assigned. Performs other duties as assigned. Essential Functions:
- Follows and ensure team follows Food Division Standards and Best Practices
- Responsible for daily operations
- Accountable for sales, expenses, and bottom-line profits
- Ensure team prepares and presents drip coffee, cold beverage, espresso bar and pastry products to Starbucks standards
- Follows Starbucks merchandising, product presentations and signing standards
- Monitor food quality by completing Starbucks checklists
- Demonstrate a positive role model for Starbucks Service Steps and Magic Selling
- Support a strong working relationship with store management
- Provide on-going training, feedback, coaching, and staff motivation to all associates to maximize team performance and satisfaction
- Maintain role model standards in grooming, professional appearance and communications
- Meet highest standards of workplace safety, sanitation, and equipment care as set by Health Department and company policy
- Complete scheduling and weekly payroll to meet Starbucks standards, maximize associate productivity, labor cost control and customer satisfaction
- Utilize forecasts, daily sales reports and weekly food cost and payroll reports to ensure monthly profit/loss goals are met
- Assist in preparation and production of all menu items
- Responsible for ordering and receiving food, beverage, dry and paper goods based budget and needs of the business
- Completes timely payment of invoices according to vendor contracts and Food Division Best Practices
- Responsible for food inventories following Inventory Best Practices to ensure they are taken on a timely and accurate basis to ensure targeted food and liquor costs are maintained
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality
- Education/Experience: Three years of previous restaurant/hospitality and previous shift supervisory experience is required.No specific educational accomplishment is necessary. Health department license or certification and/or alcohol certification as required by state or local requirement. Per state law, a Food Handler's certificate may be required for all food service employees who prepare, store or serve food at restaurants, coffee bars or any other food service establishment.
- Communication Skills: Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, reports, and procedure manuals. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate in Spanish is preferred but not required.
- Mathematical Skills: Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Able to use a calculator. Must be able to make change using American monetary units.
- Reasoning Ability: Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision. Must be able to follow instructions.
- Physical Demands: This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing and talking. May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching. Must be able to move and/or lift at least 30 lbs. Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Other skills: Strong leadership profile and must possess excellent customer service skills. Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment. Must meet any state and or local age requirements for serving alcoholic beverages.
- Work Hours: Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
Working Conditions: This position is required to use potentially hazardous equipment, such as coffee and espresso makers. Reasonable accommodations have been made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. Work generally occurs in an office environment with moderate temperature and noise level.
Disclaimer * The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. *
This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Primary Location: United States-California-Walnut Creek
Req ID: 71381087