HSS Inc Security Officer - Part Time Days in Walnut Creek, California
Working at John Muir Medical Center -- Concord Campus located in Concord, this position provides a superior level of customer service and positive interaction with guests, patients, community, and staff. Representing the standards of behavior that are pillars of success at John Muir Medical Center are critical for the selected individual to be successful and provide service that exceeds customer expectations. Those behaviors are Communication, Quality and Safety, Professionalism, Teamwork, Relationships, and Ownership. It's not every day that you get to join a hospital with a long-standing tradition of excellence. That's the opportunity you have at John Muir Medical Center -- Concord Campus. With the creation of this amazing new facility, we will now feature our complex care, research and education expertise in one place. For more information on the site: http://www.johnmuirhealth.com/about-john-muir-health.html Provide direct security and related public services
· Provide a visible deterrence to crime, prohibited activities, or suspicious activities in public and non-public which may include but is not limited to areas such as the main building, outlying buildings, grounds, parking areas, stairways, tunnels, mechanical areas, or patient treatment areas
· Respond quickly and effectively to emergency and non-emergency situations
· Escort persons and assist facility personnel
· Be alert for activities, which could result in injury to a person or damage to or loss of property
· Communicate effectively with diverse people including clients or their representatives, client employees, visitors, or client vendors
· Comprehend and fulfill written or verbal instructions
· Write accurate, clear, and legible reports
· Maintain a positive working relationship with facility staff members
· Maintain a thorough knowledge of a facility and where applicable of multiple facilities
· Enforce and abide by all regulations and guidelines of the facility and HSS
· Perform other duties at the direction of or in the absence of the Security leader or Facility Security Representative
Shift Details: Mon-Tues (06:00-14:00)
Education: High School Diploma or General Education Degree
License/Certification: Obtain applicable jurisdictional security license(s; may require motor vehicle drivers license; complete TEAM training, HSS and Facility New Employee Orientation upon employment with HSS. Ability to obtain client/contract specific licenses or certifications which may include, but is not limited to, CPR/First Aid, NRA, IAHSS, etc.
Experience: Prefer experience in dealing with the public in a service setting
Skills: Read, write, and speak English language; able to write routine reports and correspondence; possess basic computer skills; meet applicable license requirements; observe, walk, stand, sit, or drive for extended periods of time in various weather conditions; run, climb stairs, and carry fire extinguishers or other emergency equipment; help restrain or lift a person; occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds; frequently required to use hands, handle or feel objects or controls, reach with hands and arms, and talk and hear; specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus; self-motivation and ability to work independent of immediate supervision.
HSS will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or any other status protected by law.
This is for JMMC LAB
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled