Woodward Inc PRODUCTION WORKER in Valencia, California
Production Worker reports to the manufacturing supervisor and is responsible for operating basic machines and deburring, or light assembly, in an industrial setting. The position works under close supervision, limited decision-making and limited contact with external suppliers or customers.
- Clean and maintain measuring instruments and test equipment; treat and inspect/test parts (e.g., routed and deburring operations) per applicable work instructions.
- Communicate information to others about project status, updates, specific instructions, etc. and review item status in MRP and ensure item is logged/closed out based on its current status.
- Complete and review product paperwork, verifying all paperwork is present and filled out appropriately and complete computer entries accurately and in a timely manner.
- Document nonconformance and dispositions using nonconformance forms.
- Follow all departmental safety rules and regulations and put on all appropriate safety gear and clothing/protection required by work activities.
- Measure and inspect dimensions of products to verify conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as rulers, calipers, gauges, or micrometers (as required).
The following functions apply based on the designated area (e.g. Deburring). Note: these do not apply at Woodward Santa Clarita
- Member in Deburring may be required to perform tasks such as wash deburred hardware; remove sharp edges and excess material from hardware using necessary tools, such as files, scrapers, picks, and rubber tools; perform visual inspection of deburred hardware, looking for missed burrs and edges or damages; post clean hardware per applicable work instructions; deburr hardware with simple geometry and minimal critical features (e.g., .001 max. corner breaks, cylindricity; tight diametrical tolerances); deburr hardware with a limited number of features; buff and polish deburred hardware.
- Members in Light Assembly may be required to perform tasks such as STI installation, heat and freeze processing, part marking, Lee plug assembly, bonding, PIND testing; applying Molykote, performing pressure wash/flush, operating air oven, swaging, flaring; loctite (bonding), leak testing, general assembly, riveting, staking; operating arbor press, hydraulic press, spring checker, gauge lap, hand lap, center lap and deburring. (Does not apply in Duarte)
- Clean and organize the immediate work area.
- Interpret and follow blueprints for proper production task completion.
- May be required to obtain certification as necessary per function requirements.
- May perform tasks related to NDT, machinist, and mechanical assembler positions.
- Perform limited preventative maintenance to ensure machines and equipment run smoothly and notify supervisors of production or machine problems.
- Verify the calibration of equipment and expiration dates.
- Promote teamwork within the organization.
- Mechanical aptitude and the ability to use a variety of basic hand tools (e.g., wrenches, hammers, screwdrivers, scrappers, box cutters).
- The ability to adhere to department safety rules regarding eye and ear protection, personal protection, hazard labeling, MSDS sheets, evacuation procedures, and emergency phone numbers.
- Requires verbal and written communication skills. The position also requires the ability to follow work instructions/order within area of responsibility.
- The ability to accomplish a task with concern for all the areas involved, including the ability to notice minute inconsistencies/faults in parts, equipment, or production processes to prevent faulty products leaving the facility.
- The ability to use computer and web-based systems to input, access, modify or output information.
- The ability to write effectively, to read and understand work documents, to communicate information clearly to coworkers and supervisors, and the ability to listen attentively and comprehend key pieces of spoken information.
- General knowledge of machines and equipment functionality, and how tools could be used on such equipment/machines. This includes the ability to learn new systems quickly, understanding how parts relate, and how they impact system functionality. The position also requires manual dexterity or the ability to work quickly with hands.
- The ability and willingness to demonstrate eagerness, enthusiasm, and optimism for work activities. This includes the ability and willingness to take ownership of work activities, to learn and understand company polices and procedures.
- The ability to interact cooperatively and collaboratively with others as a team.
- The ability to perform simple arithmetic computations including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division correctly, using whole numbers, fractions, decimals, and percentages.
- Knowledge of how quality impacts the success of the organization including costs to customers, costs of recalls and potential costs due to negative impacts on a company's reputation. This includes taking the necessary steps to ensure quality on a consistent basis and striving for improvement.
- The ability to see details (e.g., letters, numbers, codes, color, symbols, marks, labels, signs) clearly to accomplish work tasks in a safe and efficient manner.
Education or Formal Training:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- No related work experience is required.
Woodward is an independent designer, manufacturer, and service provider of control solutions for the aerospace and energy markets. Our aerospace systems and components optimize the performance of fixed wing and rotorcraft platforms in commercial, business and military aircraft, ground vehicles and other equipment. Our energy-related systems and components enhance the performance of industrial gas and steam turbines, reciprocating engines, compressors, wind turbines, electrical grids and other energy-related industrial equipment. The company’s innovative fluid energy, combustion control, electrical energy, and motion control systems help customers offer cleaner, more reliable and more efficient equipment. Our customers include leading original equipment manufacturers and end users of their products.
Woodward is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job: Production Worker
Primary Location: United States-California-Valencia
Schedule: FULL TIME
Shift: 2nd Shift / Evening Job
Job Posting: May 18, 2017, 8:43:01 AM
Req ID: 1700695