HSBC Branch Relationship Banker in Torrance, California
Utilizes customer lead generation system to provide targeted sales opportunities to current and potential customers. Proactively discovers opportunities with current and potential customers – refers investment and insurance opportunities to Financial Advisors. If Premier eligible, refers investment and insurance opportunities to Premier Relationship Advisors and Premier Wealth Advisors. Develops, manages and expands personal and business customer relationships, which may include managing a portfolio that comprises small or less complex customer relationships at service levels that meet or exceed customer expectations.
Refer investment opportunities to Financial Advisors pursuant to appropriate FINRA registrations under HSBC Securities (USA) Inc. ("HSI").
Refer insurance opportunities to Financial Advisors pursuant to contracted insurance carriers appointed by HSBC Insurance Agency (USA) Inc. ("HIA").
Refer mortgage products to other specialized product areas, such as Consumer Mortgage, as required.
Impact on the Business
- Initiate contact with current and potential customers to discuss their financial requirements. Sell appropriate HSBC Bank core financial services products to meet their needs while developing and expanding account relationships; this excludes the sales of investment and insurance products; refer to Financial Advisors.
Excludes the sales of Consumer Mortgage Products; refer to other specialized product areas, such as Consumer Mortgage, as required.
Customers / Stakeholders
Ensure adherence to established customer interaction standards for every transaction, including meeting or exceeding standard mystery shop scores.
- Enhance Company image by delivering superior customer service.
- Role as a broker-dealer Registered Representative: Identify cross-sell opportunities; referral of customers to other sales representatives of HSBC Securities (USA) Inc. through proper customer profiling.
- Conducts needs assessment with current and potential Company customers and refers to Financial Advisors for appropriate investment and insurance products to meet individual needs, based on objectives, risk tolerance and proper asset allocations.
- Sell appropriate core financial services products to meet customer needs while developing and expanding account relationship; excludes sales of Consumer Mortgage Products, investment and insurance products.
- Ensure adherence to established referral structure on investment and insurance products.
- Comply with Company Nondeposit Investment Product policies and procedures, including the requirements of the Interagency Statement on Retail Sales of Nondeposit Investment Products.
Incumbent will be measured on the activity of identifying and referring investment and insurance customers to Financial Advisors. Expected referral activity will be tracked as part of the role Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
Leadership & Teamwork
Work as part of an integrated branch management team to ensure standards are met and operating models delivered. Proactively support others through direct and indirect actions beyond activities particular to this role.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues in the wider RBWM businesses and others as appropriate to service client needs.
- Represent the Company on community organizations and activities to enhance the Company's image and promote and develop additional business through the development and expansion of referral sources. Refer to the HNAH Code of Ethics policy and Wealth Management Staff Dealing policy including Outside Business Activity (OBAs) to ensure that above community and outside activities do not present an actual or potential conflict of interest and do not have an adverse impact with respect to job responsibilities at HSBC. HSI Supervisor and Compliance should be consulted in addition to review of Code of Ethics policy and Wealth Management policy for Outside Business Activity.
Work closely with Financial Advisors and Mortgage partners to further develop the client relationship.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
Meet established sales and promotional goals; utilize customer relationship management system to provide targeted sales opportunities and support pro-active selling to current and potential customers, including via telephone (excludes Consumer Mortgage Products, investment and insurance products). Complete CCOs and set appropriate appointments as required. Complete all sales activity documentation to provide a record for performance tracking and assist in targeting future sales efforts.
- Live and represent the brand; exemplify the five brand attributes of being perceptive, progressive, responsive, respectful and fair, both internally and externally.
- Educate, encourage and sell customers on use of alternative delivery channels, including ATMs and telephone and internet banking.
- Participate in training programs to enhance product knowledge.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- To implement the Group compliance policy locally by containing compliance risk in liaison with the Head of Group Compliance, Global Business Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources and training, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
The Company seeks to grow its RBWM business through an efficient operation and the pursuit of providing clients with globally consistent experiences, excellent service, and advice on products and services appropriate to client needs to enhance that value.
- Increasing net non- premier clients
Increasing total client relationship balances during tough economic times
The jobholder will own and manage a portfolio of clients working with the wider RBWM team.
- The jobholder has primary responsibility for:
- Maximizing growth in their portfolio of clients and achieving the RBWM plan/metrics.
- Leading activities to ensure opportunities are identified and client needs are met effectively, maximizing all available resources.
Compliance with the relevant Group standards including GHQ and the Regulatory organization as applied to the implementation of the RBWM strategy in the US.
Management of Risk
Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
Ensure the fair treatment of our clients is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organization. Continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructuring, and the impact of new technology.
Observation of Internal Controls
Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Adhere to internal controls and Firm policies. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- Implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply. This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity and by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
The incumbent will ensure 100% adherence to completion of HSBC mandatory training and any required compliance and risk-related training courses.
Minimum of three years proven and progressive branch sales experience or equivalent, including evidence of strong sales results and knowledge of insurance and investment products for referral purposes.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Series 6, 63, Life and Health Insurance licenses required. On an exception basis, a 60 day contingency may be granted solely at management's discretion (this period is for self-study, with no client contact). Licenses are required to discover and refer investment and insurance opportunities with potential and existing customers.
- Strong interpersonal, communications, sales, organizational and persuasion skills.
- Broad knowledge of financial services products and services.
- Understanding of Business Banking.
- Ability to use the customer relationship management systems.
Ability to work in a team-based environment.
Job: *Retail / Branch Banking
Title: Branch Relationship Banker
Requisition ID: 0000979P