THINK Together Staffing Coordinator in Santa Fe Springs, California
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
* *The primary role of the Staffing Coordinator is to partner with the General Manager and the Human Resources Department offering administrative support and assistance for the end-to-end hiring process. Duties include, but are not limited to creating and maintaining requisition/candidate files, coordinating interviews, preparing and reporting the staff hired for after-school programs, Saturday programs, Tutoring and Summer Enrichment programs. The Staffing Coordinator is a critical member of the Region. She/he works closely with the General Manager and the Human Resources’ department to deliver positive results throughout the hiring process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees collection and reporting of employee data supporting THINK Together programs; including but not limited to, supplemental staffing needs, long term planning for concurrent programs in the Region; ensure a high level of data quality.
- Reviews resumes, conducts phone screens if necessary, and forwards information to the appropriate hiring manager.
- Schedules interviews and/or assessments with candidates and hiring managers.
- Schedules, proctors and grades pre-employment tests.
- Coordinates, schedules and conducts Live Scan for new hires.
- Maintains staffing charts, supplemental staffing charts and recruiting reports.
- Updates & maintains candidate status in the Applicant Tracking System.
- Support and coordinate activities between Program Departments and the Regional Hub office; and work cooperatively and collaboratively with regional and program staff.
- Organizes own work to ensure deadlines are met.
- Completes work on time and communicates candidate status with hiring managers.
- Administrative duties include drafting offer letters and obtaining necessary paperwork prior to employment (transcripts, TB clearances, etc.).
- Serves as the back-up for the Sub-Coordinator with the placement of substitutes; may serve as back-up for the Human Resources Coordinator for new hire paperwork or orientation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.**
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High Volume Staffing experience a plus.
- Ability to multi-task, work in a very fast paced environment.
- Innovating user of Applicant Tracking Systems, Survey Monkey, and EZ Labor preferred, or prior HRIS systems experience.
- Knowledge of and experience with data management and various analytic tools.
- Strong organization skills and relating data to business and operations metrics.
- Willing to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Must pass Live Scan (fingerprinting), Background Check, and Tuberculosis test.
- Two (2) years college degree or equivalent experience.
- Ability to establish trust and successfully collaborate with hiring managers.
- Ability to think innovatively and incorporate feedback into the staffing process.
- Ability to process and communicate information at both a macro and micro level.
- Ability to communicate effectively and demonstrate sensitivity to others.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to perform multiple, concurrent tasks with frequent unplanned requests and/or delays.
- Strong word processing and spreadsheet skills. Good proofreading skills.
- Clear telephone voice.
- Math skills sufficient to compute percentages, manipulate decimals and fractions, check standard numeric data.
- Excellent work and project organization skills.
- Excellent initiative and problem solving ability.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills and team orientation.
- Expert in Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
COMPUTER & EQIUPMENT SKILLS:
WORD processing (minimum 45 wpm)
EXCEL (set up, design, maintain spreadsheets, and create calculation formulas)
Typical office equipment
Email, internet software
*WORK ENVIRONMENT: *AMOUNT OF TIME
1/3 – 2/3
Wet or humid conditions (non-weather)
Work near moving mechanical parts
Work in high, precarious places
Fumes or airborne particles
Toxic or caustic chemicals
Outdoor weather conditions
Extreme cold (non-weather)
Extreme heat (non-weather)
Risk of electrical shock
Work with explosives
Risk of radiation
*PHYSICAL DEMANDS: *AMOUNT OF TIME
1/3 – 2/3
Use hands to finger, handle, or feel
Reach with hands and arms
Climb or balance
Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
Talk or hear
Taste or smell
How much noise is typical for the work environment of this job?
- Moderate noise (i.e., typical office noise)
This job requires that weight be lifted or force be exerted as indicated in the boxes below:
1/3 – 2/3
Up to 10 pounds
Up to 25 pounds
Up to 50 pounds
Up to 100 pounds
More than 100 pounds
Does this job have any special vision requirements?
- Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less) - Viewing Computer Screen
- Must be willing to work some evenings and weekends.
- Must be willing to travel to off-site meetings, trainings, and events.
- Ability to speak or write a language (Spanish, Vietnamese) other than English is helpful.
- Eligible to accept assignment.**
Worker Category: Full-Time
Posted On: 10/11/2017
Requisition ID: 1585
Salary Range: 14.0000-17.0000 (USD) Hourly
Job Class: Clerical or Admin