THINK Together Site Coordinator - Loma Vista Elementary in Santa Fe Springs, California
Location: Loma Vista Elementary- South Whittier School District
Manages all aspects of a single THINK Together educational site to ensure that the program meets educational and recreational objectives and is managed in accordance with policies and procedures including safe work practices. Supervises all staff and volunteers assigned to the site to provide well-coordinated student assistance. Meets all documentations requirements. Liaises with parents, collaborators, school management, donors and visitors to display the site and the program positively.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises all staff, students and volunteers in the program at the site.
- Interviews, recommends hiring and evaluates classroom supervisors and other part-time team members.
- Manages the site budget including staffing, supplies and fundraising.
- Maintains comprehensive student and volunteer records and product reports as required.
- Designs a site program schedule together with the THINK Together administrative team such that students have access to snack time, homework help and a variety of recreational, educational and enrichment activities.
- Communicates with school administrators, school staff and parents on a regular basis regarding program activities.
- Works with supervisor and Fund Development department to support fundraising efforts as well as coordinate site visits for volunteers, community leaders, school administrators and funders.
- Assists with volunteer orientations and works with the Volunteer Department to recruit new volunteers.
- Nurtures and builds strong relationships with volunteers to develop good communication for accountability and long-term commitment to volunteering.
Performs other duties as assigned *Other Responsibilities: *
Implements the safety plan at the site.
- Implements other human resource policies and procedures.
- Aligns and implements other plans or management requirements related to the site’s needs.
- Attends monthly Site Coordinator meetings and other meetings and trainings as requested.
- Supervises, trains and develops subordinates in line with the objectives, policies and procedures of the organization. Completes supervisory responsibilities in a timely and thorough manner.
- Maintains highest degree of confidentiality in student, staff and management matters.
**EDUCATION and / or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree (BA) from four-year college or university, or one year of program experience within ThinkTogether in lieu of bachelor’s degree is required
- At least one year in a supervisory or leadership position is highly preferred.
- Previous classroom experience is required.
*OTHER SKILLS: *
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with staff, public officials, private sector officials, parents and community leaders.
- Ability to communicate effectively and demonstrate sensitivity to others.
- Excellent organizational and management skills.
*REASONING ABILITY: *
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
*COMPUTER & EQUIPMENT SKILLS: *
- Word processing
- Spreadsheets Excel
- Use typical office equipment
- Internet software
Largely spent in a school, classroom and outdoor environment with children.
*How much noise is typical for the work environment of this job? *
- Moderate noise (examples: typical school noise with children at play)
*PHYSICAL DEMANDS: *
Some of the physical demands of the job include standing, walking, sitting, using hands and arms for reaching and handling, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling, talking and hearing. This job may also require that weight be lifted or anywhere from 10 to 25 pounds.
- Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less) - Viewing Computer Screen
*ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: *
- Must be willing to work some evenings and weekends.
- Must be willing to travel to off-site meetings, trainings, and events.
- Ability to speak or write a language (Spanish, Vietnamese) other than English is helpful.
- Eligible to accept assignment.
Worker Category: Full-Time
Posted On: 09/15/2017
Requisition ID: 1558
Job Class: Service Workers