Kaiser Permanente Health Data Project Leader in Pasadena, California
Provide quantitative measurement and data analysis expertise for Decision Support (DS) staff and clients.Applies project leadership skills, methodological expertise, and knowledge of KP data and analytical resources to determine the scope, design, development, and implementation of projects, including partnerships with regional analytical groups and consultation with Health Plan and Medical Group subject area experts.Able to program, develop, and prepare complex quantitative or qualitative analyses including but not limited to descriptive (trends and variance), diagnostic (drivers of trends), predictive (forecasting) and prescriptive analytics (modeling best outcome).Able to represent Decision Support as a data and analytic in a multidisciplinary project team, including client engagement, defining/designing analytic approach, utilize various data systems (e.g. Clarity, IDR, NVT) to extract information required, and deliver/present results.Defines and frames complex multi-dimensional healthccare issues. Translates needs, issues, and ideas into effective analytic study designs. Develops creative alternative solutions.Able to answer -why- questions for customers by integrating knowledge of different source systems and operational activities.Working with Managers and assists with prioritizing projects, tasks, and client requirements to meet deliverables and customer expectations, including keeping Manager appraised of project status and alerting Manager of road blocks timely.Looks for opportunities to improve timeline and product to meet or exceed customer expectations. Builds and maintains sophisticated computer programs (eg SAS, SQL) and processes written by self and others.Able to test and maintains data integrity across multiple databases, data sources and reports.Based on a set of requirements, develops reports with accurate, intuitive and insightful information. Business Intelligence experience a plus. Conducts on-the-job training and mentoring of less experienced staff. Assist in development Decision Support staff capabilities.
Essential Functions: - In consultation with the DS Director and DS Analytical Program Managers, initiates, coordinates, and facilitates analytical projects to meet DS client needs - Based on agreements the DS Director and DS Analytical Program Managers, sets overall project direction to address key DS objectives and client needs. Assists in the prioritization of projects that compete for limited resources, and the scheduling and sequencing of work across projects to make the best use of DS resources. - Applies project leadership skills, methodological expertise, and knowledge of KP data and analytical resources to determine the scope, design, development, and implementation of DS projects, including partnerships with regional analytical groups and consultation with Health Plan and Medical Group subject area experts. - Advises the DS Director and DS Analytical Program Managers on project staffing decisions. Identifies professional development opportunities for DS technical staff based on project requirements. - Manages and coaches DS analytical staff to accomplish project objectives and also develop DS staff capabilities. Coordinates and supervises the work of non-DS project participants (e.g. Regional analysts or consultants). - Coordinates project team to effectively communicate project assumptions, methods, and results to clients and other interested parties. Elicits and incorporates feedback from clients to inform the design of project communication materials and enhance their effectiveness. - Establishes and maintains effective working relationships both internal and external to the DS. Engages and sustains support among project participants and clients. - Advises DS Director on technical staff hiring decisions. Responsible for project related training, supervision, coaching and evaluation of DS healthcare data analysts. - Applies analytic knowledge, skills and experience to perform project-related work, complete specific project tasks, and create project deliverables.
Qualifications: Basic Qualifications: Experience - Minimum thirteen (13) years of experience in an analytical environment required (with no Bachelor's degree) OR - Minimum nine (9) years of experience in an analytical environment required (w/ Bachelor's degree) OR - Minimum seven (7) years of experience in an analytical environment required (w/ master's degree), OR - Minimum two (2) years of experience in an analytical environment required (w/doctoral degree). Education - Bachelor's degree OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field. - Disciplinary training in advanced quantitative measurement methods (mathematics or statistics), ideally in the context of a quantitative social science or health services research. - High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required. License, Certification, Registration - N/A
Additional Requirements: - Prior successful experience managing or coordinating professionals in a complex organizational setting.
- Proven leadership skills in project management and consulting. Must exhibit efficiency, collaboration, candor, openness, and results orientation.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in written and verbal communication of technical material.
- Experience with analysis of large administrative databases and computerintensive statistical analysis (preferably using SAS), multivariate statistical methods, general research methodology.
- General knowledge or work experience in one or more of the following areas: disease management, survey design, health status measurement, case-mix or health risk adjustment methods, research methods, actuarial methods, cost-benefits or cost-effectiveness analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively design, develop, manage, and coordinate analytical efforts among multiple constituents.
- Excellent project management skills, including setting priorities and developing work plans assembling project teams, structuring and executing quantitative analyses, overseeing support staff, and meeting deadlines.
- Skills in analytical methods including problem and model formulation, algorithm selection, and development of overall solution strategy.
- Creativity, critical thinking, and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication and effective interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work directly with senior leadership and to bring high-priority projects to successful results.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
Preferred Qualifications: - Minimum seven (7) years of experience in an analytical environment in health care preferred. - Master's degree. - Knowledge of healthcare industry, especially healthcare analytics preferred. - Familiarity with Kaiser Permanente healthcare system preferred.
COMPANY Kaiser PermanenteTITLE Health Data Project LeaderLOCATION Pasadena, CAREQNUMBER 595043
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.