Northrop Grumman Information Systems Project Manager 4 in Palmdale, California
Information Systems Project Manager 4
Requisition ID: 17023058
Location(s): United States-California-Palmdale
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
ESS Project Management seeking mid-level experienced Project Management Professional for immediate PM assignment for NGC in Palmdale, CA.
Northrop Grumman Enterprise Project Management (EPM) is an industry-leading provider of Project Management services for internal Northrop Grumman Corporation information technology, infrastructure, and software development projects.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Enterprise Project Management Organization responsible for all phases of projects from initiation through completion. Responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of projects or sub-projects of larger programs. Is responsible for leading project teams of matrixed I.T. functional resources, strategic suppliers and customers / stakeholders.
He/she will apply PM skills to manage a variety of projects including I.T. facilities installation, network and/or computing infrastructure, system migrations, enterprise software deployments and software development. As required by the project, maintain compliance with Internal Audit, Information Security, and Supplier Management using the Northrop Grumman Integrated Engineering Process Guide (IEPG).
Additional Duties Include:
• Oversee and manage the performance aspects of ongoing projects and serve as liaison between project management & planning, the project team, and line management.
• Manage and track status of projects, financial budgets, and EACs; manage schedules and prepare status reports; and ensure project business value delivery and stabilization goals are met.
• Assesses project risks and issues and develop mitigation plans and resolutions to meet executability, quality, and customer satisfaction goals and objectives.
• Develop mechanisms for monitoring project progress and problem solving with project managers, functional managers, and customers.
This position will be in support of the F-35 Production and Manufacturing Program in Palmdale, CA and will require presence in Palmdale on an as-needed basis.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills and abilities listed below:
• Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of relevant professional experience;7 years with Master’s degree; 4 years with a PhD
• Previous project management experience on a large government contract –
• Knowledge of process improvement
• Must be knowledgeable of financial and business management concepts required to attain project financial goals
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, and Earned Value processes
• Active DOD clearance
• Experience with automated manufacturing.
• Proven interface experience with senior management providing consolidated metrics reporting and change management activities
• Experience with robotic automation and managing and maintaining autonomous production systems.
• Familiarity with programmable logic controllers (PLCs).
• Must have the demonstrated ability to handle multiple project assignments simultaneously with matrixed project staff resources
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Extensive knowledge of Automated Guided Vehicle (AGV) technologies
• Knowledge of Siemens PLM Software Tools integrations across multiple independent shop floor systems
• Recent experience supporting production shop floor operations as an Information Technology professional working within an Aerospace and Defense environment.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Information Systems Project Manager 4
Requisition ID: 17023058