Northrop Grumman Engineer Systems Test 1 in Palmdale, California
Engineer Systems Test 1
Requisition ID: 17011442
Location(s): United States-California-Palmdale
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Systems Test Engineer (STE) position supporting the Cross Programs production program. This position is located in Palmdale, California.
Individual would conduct Acceptance Test Procedures (ATPs) on the HALE production aircraft systems, utilizing applicable test equipment and documentation. Individual would troubleshoot failed steps and anomalies, using mechanical and electrical schematics, test equipment, and other resources.
This position requires technical knowledge of various aircraft systems, sub-systems, and specialized test equipment, and requires continuing interaction with responsible engineers and other engineering disciplines. Individual needs to have a broad understanding of systems design, development, implementation and testing of sub-systems.
Individual must be self-motivated, with the ability to work independently of other system experts, by developing technical knowledge of various systems, sub-systems, and specialized test equipment.
Strong communication skills are mandatory, as well as the ability to effectively interact with interdisciplinary and intra-company teams of engineers.
Short duration travel to company or customer locations may be required.
• Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering discipline
• Background of acceptance testing on aircraft systems such as: Avionics, Fuels, Flight Controls, Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Navigational, Sensors, and Propulsion.
• Strong electrical/mechanical troubleshooting background
• Must be able to support the conduct of tests plane-side, both indoors and outdoors.
• Currently hold a DOD Secret security clearance
• Must be willing to work a flexible work schedule that may include extended shifts, weekends and holidays.
• The ability to work 2nd shift or weekend shift is required.
• Some short term travel may be required
• Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering discipline, plus 5 years of system testing experience on Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) platforms.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Engineer Systems Test 1
Requisition ID: 17011442