City of Hope Transcriptionist in Monrovia, California
Requisition ID : 9207
Job Title : Transcriptionist
Location : Monrovia, CA
Transcriptionists translate dictated recordings from doctors and other medical professionals into typewritten reports. Transcriptionists are responsible for transcribing all dictated medical reports by physicians whose services were provided at all satellite facilities: Pasadena Oncology, South Pasadena Radiation Oncology, Pasadena Surgical Center, Lancaster and Beverly Hills medical offices. The reports are dictated into Touchwork, Allscripts Enterprise, Electronic Health Record System.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for timely and accurate transcription of medical reports using word processing to include History & Physical, correspondence, progress notes, consultation reports and procedures in Touchwork
- Responsible for editing materials for grammar and clarity, if necessary
- Responsible for checking for inconsistencies and errors in reports and check with physician or healthcare professional in order to correct them
- Responsible for returning transcribed documents to the physicians or other healthcare professionals who dictated them for review, signature and/or correction
- Responsible to meet transcription turnaround time criteria for various reports from time of dictation as follows:
- History & Physical: 24 hours
- Consultation: 24 hours
- Correspondence: 24 hours
- Procedure notes: 24 hours
- Progress notes: 48 hours
- Special note: All “Stat” dictations must be completed with high priority turnaround time
Minimum Education :
- High school diploma or equivalent
Minimum Experience :
- Three (3) or more years acute care experience in medical transcribing in a medical healthcare facility
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.