Plus One Health Management Yoga Instructor in Los Angeles, California
The shift days and hours are TBD.
A Plus One Group Fitness Instructor provides professional, engaging and effective group fitness classes that follow Plus One's and the Client's policies and guidelines.
- Comply with all Group Fitness related Plus One and Client policies and procedures as outlined in the Team Member Manual.
- Greet members and guests as they enter the Fitness Center using a personalized approach and demonstration of P.R.I.D.E and the 5/10 Rule to determine nature and purpose of visit, and direct or escort them to specific destinations.
- Respond to member/guest suggestions, concerns, and complaints in a timely, professional, and consistent manner while providing the gold standard in customer service. Take ownership of challenges by finding the appropriate team member who can directly assist, if unable to provide efficient support to member/guest.
- Activate emergency action plans and administer first aid, as necessary.
- Provide world-class customer service with ongoing observation and interpersonal feedback of corrective measures and proper breathing techniques during class participation.
- Instruct clients on techniques to maintaining exertion levels to maximize health and motivational benefits from exercise routines.
- Have a passion for client results by offering alternative movements during classes to accommodate different levels of fitness.
- Instruct with a variety of teaching methods to accommodate different learning styles.
- Plan various engaging routines, music, and movements depending upon type of class to balance healthcare with fun and motivating programs.
- Teach assigned classes on time and take ownership for covering classes with an appropriate substitute when absent.
- Prepare fitness space for the class and restore space to its original state after teaching to create a nice place to work. ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
Current nationally recognized Group Fitness Certification or specialty class certificate, specialty class license (i.e. Zumba®, etc.) and current CPR /AED certification. Prior experience in Group Fitness, Personal Training, corporate health promotion, wellness, etc. Must be knowledgeable about the industry with the customer skills to network, engage, and interact with all clients, guests, and participants with P.R.I.D.E. Must communicate professionally using appropriate vocabulary and grammar to obtain and relay information to and from clients/guests. Ability to effectively engage participants as a public speaker. Competent with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
VALUED BUT NOT REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's Degree in Kinesiology, Exercise Science or similar background. Minimum of one year of experience teaching group fitness or related content. Current nationally NCCA Personal Training certification or Group training relation certification. Prior teaching experience in a corporate setting/background.