American Red Cross Volunteer Engagement Coordinator in Los Angeles, California
We are currently seeking an outgoing Volunteer Engagement Coordinator in Los Angeles, California!
Responsible for leading the implementation of effective volunteer programs to further the engagement of Biomedical volunteers. This includes establishing the framework, recruitment, engagement, scheduling and retention of sufficient numbers of regulated and non-regulated volunteers to meet operational needs within assigned leadership territory. Direct supervisor of teams of volunteers. May also serve as liaison to Humanitarian Services, Volunteer Services and other external organizations related to volunteers.
- Develop a thorough volunteer needs assessment for assigned territory. Meet with stakeholders and ensure alignment of National goals to volunteer needs..
- Identify key partnership opportunities and market segments ideal for Biomedical Volunteer Recruitment. Recruit and train volunteer recruiters in the field, Interview prospective volunteers and accept volunteers into the Biomedical volunteer program.
- Participate in the development and implement a comprehensive volunteer onboarding program for each volunteer position.
- Serve as a Facilitator for all volunteer training coursework. Supervise teams of volunteer trainers and ensure all training is thorough and documented. Schedule volunteers for assigned positions using Volunteer Connection. Supervise team of leaders and schedulers to ensure a strong fill rate using Volunteer Connection. Interface with District Manager, DRD to ensure all volunteer requests are timely and complete.
- Participate in the development and implement a volunteer retention strategy to include frequent personal interaction with the volunteer community both personally and through the volunteer infrastructure which reports to the Representative. Volunteer Recognition through Biomedical Services will include informal recognition and quarterly events to promote community and honor the volunteer experience. Review volunteer satisfaction data; work with operational teams to develop engagement/retention strategies to improve volunteer satisfaction within territory.
Qualifications Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications or equivalent related experience required. A minimum of three years related experience required. Proven ability to implement new programs or service delivery. Volunteer experience preferred. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including training and presentation skills is required. Computer knowledge is preferred. A current valid driver's license and good driving record is required.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee's professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment.