Volt Information Sciences Technical Writer in Los Angeles, California
Los Angeles, CA
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Category: Publications Disciplines
Employee Type: Contingent
Duration: 44 weeks
Pay Rate: N/A
Not ready to apply, but want to stay up-to-date in future job openings?
Join our Talent Network for job alerts in your inbox.
Date Posted: 8/7/2017
Job ID: 52700
Fantastic opportunity to join a leading medical device manufacturer as a Technical Writer. In this role you will be responsible for creating and releasing work instruction, drawings, and related product documentation in the windchill document control system.
* Research, write, edit technical documentation to support new and sustaining product development projects*
* Collaborate with development engineering, marketing, regulatory affairs, and clinical, among others, to gather inputs for IFUs*
* Follow internal processes and procedures*
* Understand and comply to medical device regulatory requirements related to labeling*
* Technical aptitude for learning new tools and system*
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant technical discipline, Communications, Science, English or equivalent and a minimum of six plus years of progressively more responsible experience as a technical writer in a medical or high technology (preferably biotechnology) environment.
Proficiency with FrameMaker and/or InDesign required. Experience with Author-it and document control systems a definite plus.
Must have current or recent medical device or pharma industry. Must have end-user technical writing experience. That is, direct experience writing clinician and/or patient manuals.