Macy's Retail Cosmetics Sales - Counter Manager Shiseido, Full Time: Los Angeles, CA, Plaza in Downtown LA in Los Angeles, California
With a role as a Counter Manager in the Macy’s Cosmetics Department, you will be responsible for supervising the complete operations of a cosmetics line, including developing a team of highly productive Beauty Advisors. Additionally, you will make one-on-one connections with customers to learn their sense of beauty and style, develop your artistic side through customer consultation and make-up and product application, and attain a sense of accomplishment when your skills combine with your passion for beauty to reach personal and team sales goals. Performs other duties as assigned.
The summary below may not include all the essential functions and qualifications for this position. For more information, we encourage you to review the complete job description by clicking here .
- Recruit, train, coach, motivate and develop new and incumbent associates on company policies and procedures, product knowledge, and personal/department productivity goals
- Alert Sales Manager of needs and concerns of the business and staff
- Communicate regularly with vendors, planners, distributors, and buyers regarding stock needs, customer preferences, and special events
- Develop and implement business-driving events and ensure proper execution to achieve counter productivity goals
- Review and analyze business performance of daily, weekly, monthly, seasonal, and annual sales results;
- Assist customers in all aspects of service fulfillment by demonstrating proficient use of proprietary devices and applications; proactively create enhanced shopping experiences through the heightened use of tools, technology and collaboration;
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
* High school diploma or equivalent. * A minimum of one year of previous selling experience required, preferably in Cosmetics. * Previous supervisory experience preferred
* Ability to read, write, and interpret general business reports and labels including warnings and ingredient lists on products. * Ability to effectively communicate with and present information to customers, vendors, buyers, peers, and all levels of management
* Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. * Able to use a calculator and calculate percentages and ratios. * Must be able to make change in American monetary units
* Superior organizational and time management skills. * Must be able to build relationships and influence others. * Ability to set and achieve goals. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. * Must posses a strong sense of urgency and a thirst for knowledge. * Must be able to lead by example
* Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends, holidays, and sales events, based on department and store/company needs
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Macy's Inc., including Macy's and Bloomingdale's, will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with SF PC Art. 49 and LA MC ch. XVIII Art. 9.
Primary Location: United States-California-Los Angeles
Job: Cosmetics Sales
Req ID: 71473721