Elements Behavioral Health Rehabilitation Technician in Los Angeles, California
The Rehabilitation Technician monitors, facilitates and tracks clients' daily residential activities and provides support to clinical team.
- Observes and monitors clients' behavior and intervenes based on schedule, individual client's treatment plan and house needs.
- Conducts UA drug screen collection when directed, following appropriate procedures.
- Facilitates assigned groups/meetings/activities and documents observations/milieu interventions in client records/shift log during every shift/group.
- Coordinates milieu treatment with counseling staff.
- Transports clients to airport, detox, appointments, hospital, doctor office, outside meetings, store runs, rec groups and other guest/company transportation requirements
- Ensures client telephones are available during designated hours.
- Supervises self-administration of client medications.
- Conducts regular house checks, fire drills, and disaster drills to ensure safety and security.
- Completes new clients' admission/intake paperwork and conducts orientations including person and baggage search.
- Provides one-on-one supervision of at-risk clients (ATA risk; suicidal ideation, etc.) and ATA prevention per directive from Residential Supervisor or Program Director.
- Facilitates assigned aftercare groups and conducts house checks.
- Completes filing and other miscellaneous administrative work as assigned.
- Work schedule includes assignments to support clients in 24 x 7 facility.
- Maintain and pass annual background and TB screening, as well as random drug screening.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in service/hospitality industry
- Minimum of a high school diploma (college degree preferred).
- Ability to work under pressure and communicate effectively.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel (word, excel, mac platforms, keynote, etc.)
- CPR and First Aid certification.
- Valid unrestricted state driver's license.
- Current TB Test or secured at time of hire.
- Experience in Eating Disorders is preferred but not required.
- Must obtain class B license within 90 days of employment
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled