Elements Behavioral Health Nursing Supervisor in Los Angeles, California
The Nurse Supervisor oversees nursing staff to ensure quality patient care and compliance with policies and procedures.
- Plans and monitors the delivery of quality patient care by the Registered Nurses and Licensed Vocational Nurses.
- Coordinates staff scheduling and payroll.
- Assists nurses with day-to-day nursing activities and work flow, to include instruction on effective charting, communication, work processes, etc.
- Assists Nurse Manager with administrative duties to include medication destruction, supply orders, client paperwork, reporting, staff immunizations requirements, etc.
- Responsible for monthly (and as needed) Infection Control Checklists and education.
- Updates and maintains policy and procedures, protocols and guidelines.
- Monitors and assures the facility's compliance with applicable standards, regulation and laws.
- Maintains records for monthly meetings and distributes as directed.
- Provides continual education for staff on policies and procedures, established protocols and best practices.
- Leads and participates in nurse meetings.
- Responsible for leading education groups.
- Partners with Recruitment and Human Resources to hire, train and develop staff and conduct annual performance evaluations, including goal setting and counseling where appropriate.
- May work flexible schedule to include occasional weekend and evening hours.
- Manage LVN team
- Attend Clinical Meeting
- On Call Duties
- Train staff on medication delivery
- Support client education on health
- Minimum of two (2) years' of progressively responsible clinical experience which includes lead experience.
- State Licenses Registered Nurse.
- Excellent leadership and coaching skills.
- Ability to manage and resolve conflicts.
- Experience with a 12 step program preferred.
- CPR/First Aid Certification is required for this position. If not CPR/First Aid certified at time of hire, certification must be obtained within the state mandated time frame after first day of employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled