Pep Boys Mechanic in Los Angeles, California
Auto Plus is a major U.S.-based distributor of automotive aftermarket parts. Since 1921, Pep Boys has been one of the nation's leading automotive aftermarket chains with over 7,500 service bays in over 800 locations in 35 states and Puerto Rico. Together, the united organization, Auto Plus Pep Boys, has over 21,000 associates in more than 20 distribution centers and over 1,000 corporate locations. In addition, the company supports more than 530 independently-owned stores and over 2,400 independently-owned service centers across the nation. Auto Plus Pep Boys is owned by Icahn Enterprises L.P. ("Icahn Enterprises"; NASDAQ: IEP).
Responsible for the efficient diagnosis, repair, and preventive maintenance of vehicles along with replacement of general automotive parts and accessories. Partner with store management and the desk team to deliver superior service and education to customers on problems and proposed solutions for their vehicles.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure a thorough safety and mechanical vehicle inspection is completed and documented in the work order system for every car assigned to him/her that comes into the shop. Ability to communicate repairs that are necessary for the safety and operational efficiency of the vehicle to customers and management. Recommends additional repairs and services pertaining to scheduled maintenance, vehicle enhancements, and/or upgrades as appropriate. Adheres to MAP (UICS) standards.
- Conduct a wide variety of diagnoses and repairs; including but not limited to brakes, all tire related services, including mounting, balancing, and flat repairs, state safety and emissions testing (where required), fluid changes, steering and suspension, maintenance services, starting and charging. Responsible for securing vehicle during repairs and after repairs are completed.
- Maintain technical capabilities to ensure proficient, safe use of service equipment. Interprets and applies technical instructions in diagram and text form.
- Maintain company directed productivity, training development plan, and comeback performance levels.
- Approachable and knowledgeable resource regarding technical matters related to installation and proper application of parts and accessories, while also providing accurate and effective direction, advice and assistance to service advisors, other technicians, commercial, retail and parts associates, management, and customers.
- Partner with Management to produce a safe and healthy work environment that complies with all local, state, and federal laws, as well as with company policies and procedures. Expected to comply with loss prevention, safety, and environmental codes and ordinances.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Valid Driver's License.
- Successful completion of Background and Drug tests.
- Minimum six months of related experience in the automotive service environment.
- Must have basic knowledge and understanding of mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, and fractions. Ability to apply mathematical formulas to calculate commissions and discounts.
- ASEs preferred; ASE G1-Auto Maintenance and Light Repair strongly preferred; state certifications/licenses where required.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work Days, Nights, Holidays and Weekends.
Physical Demands/Work Environment**
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to lift, carry, and place merchandise and supplies up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Frequent standing and walking for long periods of time.
- Frequent reaching overhead and below the knees, squatting, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting.
- Possesses fine motor skills to safely operate tools.
- Climb up and down ladders to retrieve merchandise.
- Communicate effectively in person, by telephone, or by using telecommunications equipment.
- Enters and locates information on computer.
- Visually verifies information, often in small print.
- Safely operates a motor vehicle.
Reporting: Store Manager of Service
Potential Schedule: Days, Nights, Weekend, Holidays
Type of Store: Supercenter
Job Status: Full-time
Location Number: 00652
Location Name: PBY CA Atlantic-00652