MV Transportation Level A Technician in Los Angeles, California
MV Transportation is seeking a Level A Technician who will perform preventive maintenance inspections on various types of vehicles. The position requires the technician to be able to teach, to diagnose, inspect, and change or repair defective coach components, sub-components, and systems on vehicles as time permits, must possess a 609 and air conditioning certifications, and ASE certifications. This position will report to the Maintenance Manager.
- Diagnoses, examines, and investigates vehicles to determine causes of defective operation of engines, transmissions, differential units, generators, starters, pumps, air suspension systems, pneumatic systems, radiators, injectors, clutches, air conditioning systems, and other vehicle components.
- Determines proper course of action to facilitate vehicle repair, maintenance, adjustment, and component replacement.
- Performs major overhauls, major tune-ups, and repair to brakes and steering systems.
- Operates heavy machinery, hydraulic lifts, hoists and jacks, brake lathes.
- Communicates, and consults with all levels of employees.
- Performs daily inspections and repairs on entire fleet.
- Responds to breakdowns.
- Mentors lower skill level technicians.
- Performs related duties, as required.
- Dodge and Ford experience a pulse.
- Must have five (5) years of experience in a professional automotive repairs environment.
- A/C certification.
- Must have minimum of four (4) ASE certifications.
- Must self-certify competency on brake service and repair.
- Trade school/college graduate preferred.
- Must possess tools necessary to complete job function.
- Must be a least 21 years of age.
- Work well with others and willing to learn.
- Must be able to work any shift. This opening is for second shift.
- Must be able to lift 60 pounds.
Pre-employment drug screening and background check is required. MV Transportation is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. MV Transportation, Inc. provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
CATEGORY: Automotive, General Labor, Installation - Maint - Repair
LOCATION: US-CA-Los Angeles
POSTING ID: TNLEVEL94309_94309
EMPLOYEE TYPE: Full-Time
EXPERIENCE: Not Specified