Cedars-Sinai Lead Oracle Database Administrator DevOps in Los Angeles, California
Requisition #: 27134
Working Title: Lead Oracle Database Administrator DevOps
Business Entity: CSMC - Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Cost Center # - Cost Center Name: 0871030 - Resource & Outcomes Mgmt
City: Los Angeles
Job Category: Management/Professional
Job Specialty: Other Professional
Position Type: Regular-F/T
Shift Length: 8hr
Days: Monday - Friday
Shift Type: Day
Job Posting: The Business Operations Team Lead of Resource & Outcomes Management (Lead Oracle Database Administrator DevOps) reports to the Business Operations Manager and is responsible to provide technical leadership role in the management of the department's data infrastructure and reporting environment. This includes all departmental databases from both external and internal sources as well as the servers hosting the databases. Working closely with the Manager, the Team Lead is also responsible for developing and leading departmental process improvement efforts related to the integration of information technology and business processes. In addition, the Team Lead engages in identifying and realizing new opportunities that improve business operations within the Medical Affairs Division. The position holder ensures the smooth and continuous running of major ROM operational activities. Act as team leader to other Business Operations staff that might include database specialist, business system coordinator, and analytic staff. Works independently in a coordinated fashion with other ROM staff; establishes and maintains effective liaison with all appropriate Cedars-Sinai Health System Departments and Divisions; the position also acts as the department liaison with the network operating system and database administration teams in the EIS Division. Develops and maintains a positive work environment.
EEO / AA / F / M / Veteran / Disabled
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Education Certifications/Licensure Experience Physical Abilities Educational Requirements:
B.S. or M.S. degree in computer programming or extensive course work in Oracle and Linux
• Five years of experience in managing and/or providing DevOps support to data infrastructure and reporting environment
• Minimum of 7 years of relational database programming experience such as Oracle, PL/SQL, SQL, MS Access and SAS.
• Five years of working experience in basic server administration functions within Windows, Linux or Unix environment and database administration tasks
• Knowledge in the principles of business process improvement and experience in integrating IT solution into business process
• Knowledge in business intelligence tools such as Toads, Business Objects, Crystal, Excel, Brio, Tableau preferred
• Strong problem-solving skills and persistence to solve difficult problems with other business and technical staff in a team setting
• Must possess solid oral and written communication skills for working effectively on cross functional teams.
Experience in a healthcare setting is preferred
Preferred DBA and Oracle Developer
Physical Demands; (e.g., lifting, standing, walking)
Normal physical requirements for routine administrative responsibilities at a desk.
Have you updated your profile lately? If not, please click "Edit Profile" link at the top of this page.