U.S. Bank Global Documentary Services Risk & Control Team Lead in LOS ANGELES, California
At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
The Global Documentary Services (GDS) is responsible for processing products and services offered by US Bank to assist clients involved in international trade and commerce. This includes Import and Export Letters of Credit, Standby Letters of Credit, Documentary Collections and Bankers Acceptances. The business line is also responsible for ensuring that processes and services are consistent with applicable regulations, policies and procedures.
• Assist in the execution of an internal control discipline and operational excellence within Global Documentary Services (GDS). Ensure assigned locations, business units, or proposed products and processes for GDS are in compliance with various laws and regulations.
• Participate in, and ensure compliance in the design and development of policies, procedures, processes and training programs.
• Coordinate the implementation of QA/QC processes within GDS through ongoing monitoring and testing of controls. Identify issues and/or control improvements for remediation, while assisting in building out action plans/milestones and monitoring the progress of remediation.
• Determine how new and pending laws/regulations impact the affected business line and works to develop the appropriate controls within the operations to ensure compliance.
• Perform periodic reviews to assess level of regulatory compliance and provide leadership/support for any audits, exams or reviews in GDS.
• Engage in a variety of compliance projects and initiatives regarding risk mitigation and strengthening controls for GDS.
• Provide analytical support, synthesizing large amounts of data and summarizing the salient points for effective communication to senior management.
• Act as a model in promoting a risk culture across GDS and engage with key business partners across the enterprise.
Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
Eight to ten eight years of experience in regulatory compliance activities
Five to seven years of banking operations experience, preferably in trade finance
Advanced knowledge of government and regulatory laws and regulations
Ability to make sound risk/reward decisions
Capable of consciously balancing data, logic and reasoning in all activities
Self-starter who takes ownership and can prioritize and manage initiatives independently
Excellent verbal and written communication skills and able to manage conflict
Ability to research and manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
Strong presentation skills, comfortable in raising an opposing perspective
Skilled in interacting with various business partners and leaders with strong influencing skills
Strong PC skills to include MS Office products
Highly organized, detailed oriented and able to prioritize work and follow through
Job: Compliance / Quality Control
Primary Location: CA-CA-Los Angeles
Shift: 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 170023362
Other Locations: Washington-WA-Seattle, Minnesota-MN-Minneapolis, Wisconsin-WI-Milwaukee, Missouri-MO-Saint Louis