Hire IT People, LLC Computer Programmer (.NET) in los angeles, California
Computer Programmer (.NET)
Sign up for similar job alert!
Job ID :
los angeles, CA
4 years ago
Act as support to senior technical analyst to develop and
support software tools for financial statement analysis, probability of default
calculations and modeling, and portfolio reporting. In conjunction with
specifications to outside vendors and internal IT organization, design,
develop, code, test, and assist in maintaining commercial credit applications,
including user enhancements and customization requests.
• Support UB Credit Management initiatives, including but
not limited to the following:
• Financial Spreadsheet Tools: Moody’s KMV Risk Analyst
• Basel II Regulatory Compliant Tools: Moody’s KMV
RiskCalc, Moody’s KMV Credit Monitor, Moody’s KMV Credit Edge, Probability of
Default (PD) / Loss Given Default (LGD) / Expected Loss (EL) scorecards &
• Commercial Real Estate collateral analysis and tracking
• Various Excel based credit analysis tools:
• Portfolio Reporting Tools: Ensuring data from the above
programs are available for reporting through UB’s standard Business Objects
• Responsible for all Business Systems Analyst tasks
including team member role in business process analysis, detailed business
requirements gathering and documentation, project planning, system and unit
test plan/test script development and execution, and implementation planning.
• Liaison between Business Analysts and IT
• Work with data analyst to coordinate database schema
changes with assigned DBA.
• Responsible for knowledge transfer of vendor performed
customizations to internal UB staff.
• Work with senior technical analyst on vendor supplied
application authoring (coding) tools.
• Ability to adapt to a dynamic environment.
• Knowledge of testing methodology (e.g. Unit, System,
• Assist with the maintenance of existing data integrity
reporting solutions and participate in the design and development of new
solutions, utilizing UB’s standard technical platforms and vendor supported
• Generate ad hoc reports on a daily/weekly/monthly basis
for data analysis utilizing various reporting tools (e.g. Business Objects,
Looking for a candidate with skills that blend both
business knowledge (credit/finance/accounting) and technical knowledge, with a
stronger preference toward the technical skills. The candidate must have some
business knowledge, preferably as a project lead or project team member.
Technical Skills: C# ; ASP.NET, .NET Framework 2.0, n-tier application development,
Products 2007 (Excel, Access, Word, VBA), UML, Object Oriented Programming,
Workflow, Relational Database Development, Business Objects, utilize third
• Business Knowledge: Specific business knowledge in
systems and competent to work on moderate to complex systems projects,
distributed systems, multiple databases, relational databases, and/or other
system interfaces. Financial, accounting, and commercial credit analysis
skills, desirable.. Experience working with financial systems, or in the
financial services industry. Experience working with reporting tools such as
Business Objects, Crystal Reports, etc., and relational databases such as
Oracle, SQL Server, and MS Access. Financial modeling and formal project team
experience a plus.
• Communication: Proven ability to a) effectively
translate business needs and concepts into system solutions, b) perform
business analysis, analyze user needs and system capabilities, c) strong verbal
and written communication skills to gather and produce System Life Cycle (SLC)
documentations (e.g. Detailed Business Requirements, Design Documents).
• Additional skills: AJAX, .NET Framework 3.0, Automated
Testing Tools (e.g. QuickTest Pro)