Youth Policy Institute Athletic Instructor-Multi-Sport- Alliance Health Services - EXL in Los Angeles, California
Youth Policy Institute (YPI) is seeking Athletic Instructors for elementary, middle, and high school expanded learning programs. Program athletics include, but are not limited to_ basketball, soccer, volleyball, football, handball, track/field, baseball, golf, tennis and cheerleading, mixed martial arts, fitness, etc_. The desired incumbent will create and develop recreation programming as well as coordinate and implement competitions/tournaments at the designated school site. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Create safe and exciting recreational programming exercises and workout plans.
- Submit weekly lesson plans by established deadlines.
- Provide athletic instruction and supervise up to twenty students.
- Conduct outreach to promote athletic programming and maximize student participation.
- Maintain student enrollment and attendance to meet minimum grant requirement.
- Maintain required student enrollment and attendance to meet grant requirements and maximum participation throughout the duration of program.
- Adhere to appropriate dress code, sportsmanship during program activities.
- Attend evening and weekend tournaments/competitions/games as required.
- Comply with CA After School Physical Activity.
- Comply with California Interscholastic Federation (CIF) and NFHS Regulations (high school programs only).
- Promote school spirit, positive competitiveness and teamwork among students.
- Work in collaboration with the afterschool Site Coordinator and Athletic Project Specialist.
- Attend required trainings, workshops, and monthly meetings on and off-site.
- Document attendance records for practices and game participation.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with school staff, parents, and participants.
- Establish and maintain communication with HS Athletic Project Specialist.
- Adhere to workplace safety guidelines.
- Promote student safety in sports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in education/kinesiology, or closely related field or current enrollment in accredited college or university with credits completed in athletics, physical education/kinesiology, or closely related field.
- Must provide college or university transcripts demonstrating fulfillment of coursework requirements or that they are in progress.
- One or more years of after school program (K-12) and athletics instruction or coaching experience.
- Minimum of two years of experience with creating tournaments and competition participation.
- Knowledge of lesson planning and classroom management.
- Ability to work independently, self-starter, enthusiastic, flexible.
- Strong organizational skills and deadline oriented.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Must have access to reliable transportation to arrive at work site at scheduled time consistently.
- Bilingual Spanish a plus.
- Must pass a criminal background check (LiveScan fingerprinting) prior to beginning employment with children.
- Must present proof of negative Tuberculosis skin test (Mantoux) prior to beginning employment dated within 60 days prior to start date.
- Able to work some evenings and weekends.
- Must complete CPR/First Aid certification within 90 days of employment.
Part-time, partial year. Primarily after school hours; schedule varies per school site.
Job ID: 2017-2684
# of Openings: 1
Job Locations: US-CA-Los Angeles
Job Type: Regular Part-Time