Antelope Valley Hospital RN Perianesthesia - Patient Recovery - Full Time/Days * in Lancaster, California
The Perianesthesia nurse prepares patients for the surgical and/or procedural experience as well as monitors and supports safe transition from an anesthetized state to responsiveness and on into discharge/transfer. The RN shall function under the guidelines of American Society of Perianesthesia Nursing (ASPAN) standards as well the policies and procedures of the department and of the hospital.
1. Nursing Process
Applies nursing process in direct patient care:
- Provides accurate assessment of physiological, psycho social, cultural, developmental, socioeconomic, and spiritual needs of patient as evidenced by written assessment within time frame appropriate for level of care
- Provides logical sequence of action, updates nursing care plan every twelve hours as evidenced by notations on care plan, Provides written evaluation each shift of patient’s progress In relation to the patient care plan, if applicable to area of care
- Provides written documentation of assessment every shift on Health Team Record flow sheet, as applicable for area of care
- Provides Information to patient/family relating to educational resources available, Directs patient/family educational process
- Provides discharge planning beginning on admission with appropriate referrals and update as required by the patient
- Adheres to the admission and transfer criteria
- Adheres to accepted policies and procedures in providing patient care including, but not limited to the following:
- Medication Administration
- Intravenous Therapy
- Treatment Modalities
- Blood Withdrawal and Administration
- Emergency Care
- Assist with diagnostic and therapeutic procedures
- Evaluates and documents outcomes of nursing Interventions
- Incorporates time management skills in accomplishing care
- Promotes patient centered care
- Pre-Op Phase
- Prepares and assess patients for procedures/surgery per department policies under the ASPAN guidelines.
- Provides patient and family centered education
- Contacts appropriate physician(s) with abnormal diagnostic test results and/or patient issues.
- Completes and reviews all relevant documentation pertinent to this phase.
- Post-Op Phase
- Follows ASPAN guidelines to provide quality recovery from procedures/surgeries.
- Provides patient and family education
- Promotes family centered care environment
- Completes and reviews all relevant documentation pertinent to this phase
- Assesses patient’s physiological and psychological readiness for discharge or transfer using discharge criteria as stated in department policy.
- Provides detailed discharge instructions per hospital protocols
2. Nursing Care Delivery Process
- Knowledgeable regarding current nursing practices and procedures
- Demonstrates knowledge and use of written resources and forms
- Demonstrates knowledge of hospital structure, administrative resources, and chain of command
- Demonstrates ability to interpret rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of legal aspects of nursing care
- Demonstrates knowledge of legal documents pertinent to unit/area of care
- Demonstrates knowledge of Patient/Residence rights
- Acts as liaison between medical staff and patient care team
3. Technical Equipment
Able to operate technical equipment in area of care, safely, efficiently, and accurately
Assists in maintenance of safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment:
- Assesses safety/cleanliness of patient/unit environment and reports conditions requiring change
- Utilizes resources, equipment, and supplies efficiently and with cost awareness
- Reports hazardous conditions to appropriate department for correction
- Uses aseptic techniques for protection of patients and personal safety
- Prevents contamination and/or transfer of Infection by use of the Exposure Control Plan and Standard Precautions in daily work
- Demonstrates knowledge of emergency codes
- Supervises nursing care provided by others
- Assumes responsibility for quality of care given
- Gives accurate and concise patient care report to appropriate persons
- Gives accurate, concise patient care reports
- Demonstrates knowledge of scheduling guidelines
- Maintains professional attitude and effective working relationships with fellow staff members, other departments, patients’ families, medical staff and volunteers
- Functions appropriately and effectively under pressure. Provides care as part of team effort in crisis or emergency situation
- Adheres to Performance Improvement process and participates In Performance Improvement activities
- Sees that supplies/unit charges are charged correctly
- Adheres to all Antelope Valley Hospital Corporate Compliance rules and regulations
- Completion of Corporate Compliance Awareness training
- Adheres to required educational standards
- Maintains current licensure, certifications, education, and physical health standards
- Obtains a minimum of 15 units of continuing education annually, 12 of which must be within area of specialty.
- Computer training
- Demonstrates knowledge and competency on hospital information system
- Participates In educational activities/offerings.
- Attends staff meetings regularly and as required by assigned unit
- Successfully completes written and practical competencies
- Communicates effectively with patients, families, visitors, and physicians
- Responsible for problem solving and crisis intervention related to physicians, patients, families, and staff
- Displays a willingness to follow directions and to accept and utilize constructive criticism
8. Age Specific & Cultural Requirements
- Demonstrates knowledge regarding special needs and behaviors of age specific and cultural groups
- Participates In age specific and cultural educational and training programs
- Demonstrates proficiency in required age specific and cultural competencies
- Participation on unit or hospital based committees
- Assist in performance improvement initiatives
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- ASPAN standards
- Core Measures
- Knowledge of patient’s rights and advance directives.
- EKG and diagnostic testing interpretation.
- Pain and comfort management of the perianesthesia patient.
Skills and Abilities:
- Functions independently with strong critical thinking skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Good communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum two years of experience in a critical care, PACU or Emergency Department preferred
- Minimum of two years of experience in an acute care setting and successful completion of a perianesthesia course within six months of hire.
Required Licensure and/or Certifications:
- Current California Registered Nursing License
- BCLS, ACLS and PALS certification required at time of hire
- National certifications are desirable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to adhere with AVH Absenteeism and Tardiness Policy
- Ability to adhere with AVH Leaves of Absence Policy
- Ability to adhere with AVH Paid Time Off (PTO) Policy
- Ability to adhere with AVH Recording of Hours Worked Policy
- Ability to adhere to the department dress code
- Ability to organize work and establish priorities
- Ability to expand on own initiative in performance of duties
- Skill and ability to follow telephone etiquette/standards
- Conforms to AVH Standards of Excellence
- Ability to function effectively under pressure and meet time parameters
- Ability to communicate effectively while maintaining good working relationships with co workers, managers and other hospital staff conduct as defined under the rules of hospitality at AVH
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of patient, hospital and department information. Ability to adhere to safety rules and regulations
- Safely and effectively uses all equipment necessary to carry out duties
- Ability to interpret and function under hospital and department policies and procedures
- Conforms with required and appropriate JCAHO requirements
- Conforms with and supports hospital quality assurance and improvement guidelines
- Ability to participate effectively in department and hospital staff education
- Ability to relieve clerical staff at desk, as needed
- Display a willingness to work as a team player
- Ability to give and support the highest level of patient/customer satisfaction at all times
- Supports and adheres to the values and mission statement established by the AVH Board of Directors
- Ability to be flexible in meeting staffing requirements of the facility
- Ability to meet basic health requirements and physical job standards
- Must take and pass the hospital pharmacology exam prior to hire or promotion into this classification
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of: duty to report behavior standard, purpose of the Corporate Compliance hotline, and Importance of seeking guidance from a supervisor when in doubt regarding a possible corporate compliance issue
- Work often performed under stressful, emotional, and physical conditions
- Accepts additional workload during times of unexpected circumstances, e.g., high activity, high census, and sudden emergencies
- May be exposed to contaminated Instruments that may cause Infections, burns, or cuts
- May also be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and risk of radiation
- Required to take call shifts per department policy
- Mandatory weekend and holiday rotation
A detailed description of the physical requirements of this job is maintained in the Occupational Health Department.
Looking for an opportunity to work in healthcare the way you always dreamed you could? At Antelope Valley Hospital, our employees are at the heart of what we do best – delivering high quality, patient-centered healthcare.
Antelope Valley Hospital, a 420 bed acute care facility, located just 60 miles north of Los Angeles, the Antelope Valley is one of Southern California’s fasted growing communities. We are a Level II Trauma Center and Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center Accredited. Serving the community for over 50 years, our non-profit hospital has grown to be the preeminent healthcare facility for our district’s nearly 1.2 million residents.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.