PDS Tech Inc Sr Mechanical Engineer II in El Segundo, California
PDS Tech is seeking a candidate for the Sr. Mechanical Engineer II position located in El Segundo, CA.
The Sr Mechanical Engineer I is responsible for the conceptual and detailed mechanical design of EO Sensors and Laser products for application in ground, airborne and space-based defense.
Responsibilities include the design of structures, mechanisms, thermal systems and electronic enclosures.
Candidate will be expected to follow established procedures and instructions while working closely with program / functional supervision to ensure the overall design objectives are met. Contacts are primarily with the immediate section manager, team lead, project leaders and other personnel (peers) within the applicable program.
Applies extensive technical expertise in Mechanical Engineering, and has full knowledge of other related disciplines (Thermal, Structural, Electrical, and Optical).
Develops technical solutions to complex problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity using CAD software like CREO and performs preliminary mechanical analyses.
Guides the successful completion of major programs and may function in a project leadership role.
Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in failure to achieve major organizational objectives.
Will assist in understanding the design requirements, coordinating mechanical design, preparation of design reviews, presentation of the engineering to client management as well as customers.
The position requires the mechanical designer to understand tasks involving pre-proposal, conceptual, preliminary, and critical design build, test, and delivery of complex Electro-Optical Sensors.
The engineer in this position must lead the team from a deep, wide breadth and strong technical background involving material selection, optical layout, thermal management, precision mechanical mounting and motion, and structural optimization.
This position also requires an engineer familiar with design for manufacturing and producibility.
• CAD software, especially Creo.
• Geometric Tolerancing (GD&T)
• Able to present to customer
• Maintain positive customer and supplier relationships
• Ability to obtain security clearance
• At least 6 years of professional experience
• CAD software, especially Creo and Windchill
• Hands on experience in Electro-optical sensors
• Microsoft Project
• Prior experience in DoD or Aerospace
• Already possess a security clearance
• A Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related Engineering field
• Prefer to also have a Master's Degree
• Minimum 6 years related experience This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
• Prior experience in Defense or Aerospace
• Complete knowledge of government, industry and/or academic practices and standards related to structural analysis, finite element analysis, and structural verification testing
• Knowledge of ANSYS FEA software and commercial CAD software such as CREO Parametric
• Development of critical load cases - balancing mechanical loads and thermal loads
• Structural integrity analysis to assess static Margin of Safety as well as fatigue life (cumulative damage index)
• Experience with NAVAIR 4.0 and/or SEEK EAGLE airworthiness processes needed to obtain flight clearance
• Experience supporting the development of an Engineering/Data Requirements Agreement Plan (EDRAP)
Required Education (including Major):
• Bachelor's degree in Aerospace, Mechanical Engineering or a degree in a related field and 10 years of work related experience.
• Prefer to also have Master's degree or PhD in Aerospace, Mechanical Engineering, or in a related field
This position may require you to submit to and pass a drug test and/or background check. If this is a hands-on position, you may also be required to pass a safety and productivity examination.
PDS Tech, Inc. will comply with all applicable federal and state laws governing the use of such background checks and drug tests.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
Immediate 401(k) eligibility
Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, check out http://www.pdstech.com/
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!
Contact a recruiter for details
To find a recruiter near you, look at our Branch Locator. at http://www.pdstech.com/pds_locations.htm