KARL STORZ Endoscopy America, Inc. Operations Accountant in El Segundo, California
KARL STORZ Endoscopy-America, Inc. (KSEA), is an affiliate of KARL STORZ GmbH & Co. KG, an international leader for more than 70 years in reusable endoscope technology, encompassing all endoscopic specialties. Based in Tuttlingen, Germany, KARL STORZ GmbH & Co. KG is a family-owned company that designs, engineers, manufactures, and markets all its products with an emphasis on visionary design, precision craftsmanship and clinical effectiveness.
Headquartered in El Segundo, California, KSEA is responsible for all U.S. distribution of endoscopes, instruments, imaging systems, electromechanical devices and OR1® integration technologies.
The Operations Accountant is responsible for financial analyses and operations accounting (inventory, sales and cost of sales) support to KSEA. The Operations Accountant is expected to develop relationships across the organization, be results focused, and communicate ideas effectively. This position will work closely with the Associate Director of Operations Accounting to oversee, implement and maintain operations accounting systems and procedures and ensure the accurate compilation, analysis and reporting of operations accounting data.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under general direction, performs a variety of operations accounting duties including: journal entries; account reconciliations; analyses of revenue, cost of sales, gross profit, and inventory; financial statement preparation, review and analysis; audit schedules; position papers;
Prepare business analysis for process improvements, cost savings opportunities, risk assessment and trade-offs to assure the organization will drive toward solid business decisions
Provides input for sales, cost of sales and inventory-related matters on projects and in support of other departments
Responsible for proper costing of products, timely monthly financial closing and reporting of cost of sales variances. Analyze and explain actual and planned variances
Prepare monthly cycle count reporting that leverages ABC code methodology and is consistent across warehouses. Reporting will show cycle count accuracy and inventory adjustments by part.
Prepare monthly Purchase Price Variance reporting by plant and work with plant personnel to document the driver of PPV for the top 10 and bottom 10 part numbers monthly and year to date
Prepare monthly analysis of excess and obsolete inventory
Provide management with recommendations and alternatives for maximizing revenues and profits
Review, analyze, and report on Samples Inventory activity
Participate in ad hoc projects as assigned in support of business processes
Maintain and monitor strong internal controls, including all necessary documentation. Ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures
All employees are expected to be knowledgeable about and follow the Company’s Equal Employment and Affirmative Action Policies, including policies on the rights of individuals with disabilities and harassment.
- A minimum education level of a Bachelor’s Degree (Accounting or Finance); MBA preferred; CPA preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of experience required in an operations, revenue, inventory, or cost accounting role preferably in a distribution environment with proven process improvement results.
- Advanced Excel skills; knowledge of SAP (FI/CO/SD/BI); Power Pivot and Tableau skills preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; team player
- Strong oral and written presentation skills, including the ability to review and abstract information.
- Excellent analytical skills with attention to detail, ability to focus on big picture issues
- An understanding of the demands and tight deadlines of a complex, marketing-driven organization
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and manage within a fast-paced sales environment
- Ability to work in a diverse environment with all levels of employees
- Ability to write reports that are understandable regardless of the financial knowledge of the audience
- Travel up to 10%
KARL STORZ reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. Additionally, KARL STORZ, through its supervisors, may require an employee to perform duties outside their normal description within the sole discretion of the supervisor. Employee must comply will all applicable KARL STORZ policies and procedures
KSEA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, KSEA complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
Location: El Segundo, CA
Job Code: 8642
Employment Duration: Employee Full Time