Vencore Cyber Systems / Test Engineer in El Segundo, California
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The Air Force Space and Missile Center (SMC) Vencore support team is seeking an experienced cybersecurity engineer to provide cyber engineering, test, and technical analysis to various program offices at SMC. This role also engages with the Vencore business development team for future cybersecurity initiatives.
Frequent engagement with SMC program offices
- Periodic support to cybersecurity business development activities (proposals, future business initiatives)
- Systems cybersecurity engineering and test for Space/Ground/User systems
- Support Information Assurance (IA) and Risk Management Framework (RMF) activities
- Cyber Subject Matter Expertise (SME) for the Air Force customer
- Execute ulnerability assessments and cyber threat mitigation
- Review and apply Government cybersecurity policiies and instructions
Requires 5 to 8 years with BS/BA or 3 to 5 years with MS/MA or 0 to 2 years with PhD.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related field with 5+ years of relevant experience in cybersecurity
- Knowledge of cybersecurity tools (ex. Nessus, SCAP, ACAS)
- Familiarity with Risk Management Framework, Linux OS and Microsoft tools
- Security Implementation Guides (STIG) and cybersecurity network experience
- Certifications desired: CISSP, CEH, Security+, Network+, CCNP, GPEN
- Strong collaboration, teaming and oral/written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Knowledgeable of space-based systems
- Active Secret Security Clearance
Job ID 2017-47672
# of Openings Remaining 1
Location US-CA-El Segundo
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Employee Type Regular
Desired Experience ..
Time Type Full Time