City of Hope Patient Care Assistant I in Duarte, California
Patient Care Assistant I
Department: East Hospital- B
Requisition ID : 10186
Job Title : Patient Care Assistant I
Shift : Full Time / Nights
Union : SEIU UHW-W
Hourly Range : $15.322 - $22.984
Department : East Hospital B
Location : Duarte, CA
Position Summary and Key Responsibilities
The Patient Care Assistant (PCA) is an individual who possess the skills and knowledge necessary to deliver specific patient care services to selected patients at the direction of and under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. The PCA actively supports the efforts of the health care team through the delivery of services in a prompt, accurate and courteous manner.
- Provides accurate, reliable, courteous and timely services to all customers.
- Delivers in a knowledgeable consistent and skillful manner under the direct supervision of a registered nurse.
- Demonstrates competence appropriate to their role and function in high risk and/or problem prone behaviors.
- Delivers patient care in a manner consistent with the scope of practice of their discipline and the standards established by City of Hope as expressed in the plans for provision of care and policies and procedures.
- Maintains current knowledge and awareness of organizational and regulatory standards, policies and procedures.
- Participates in a collaborative, empowered work environment as demonstrated through teamwork.
- Effectively communicates with all customers and team members to meet organizational goals and to provide customer satisfaction.
- Maintains current knowledge and skills through attendance and participation in organizational and departmental meetings and continuing education activities.
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by appropriate and timely use of organizational resources.
- Actively participates in performance improvement activities to continuously improve service delivery.
Demonstrates City of Hope values in individual work performance.
Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
High School Graduate or equivalent plus one of the following:
Non-licensed graduate of a Registered Nurse or Licenses Vocational (LVN) program; or
- Enrollment in an approved RN program and completion of at least one medical surgical clinical rotation; or
- Certification as a Nursing Assistant; or
- Successful completion of a Nursing Assistant Program;
- Two years patient care experience
- AHA BLS Certification
- Pref. Certification/Licensure:Certified Nursing Assistant
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.