City of Hope CT Technologist in Duarte, California
Department: Cat Scan
Requisition ID: 10126
Job Title: CT Technologist
Union: SEIU UHW-W
Schedule: Per Diem | Evenings
Department: CAT Scan
Hourly Range: $37.05 - $55.57
Location: Medical Center - Duarte, CA.
Position Summary and Key Responsibilities
Performs a variety of CT imaging procedures, while following patient safety protocols. Functions as the first line interface with patients in the successful accomplishment of their imaging needs. Participates in CQI activities.
- Performs CT Scan procedures, obtains patient history, explains routine procedures and addresses patient concerns
- Prepares room and equipment for patient’s exam
- Assists the radiologist, surgeon, and/or clinician during CT procedures, including invasive and non-invasive studies
- Prepares contrast media and contrast injector. Executes injection protocol and monitors injection
- Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality
Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
- Post High School Vocational/Specialized Training in Radiologic Technology or equivalent. Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements.
- At least 1 year hospital or imaging center experience.
- AMA approved schoolofDiagnostic Radiologic Technology.
- ARRT (Radiography); CRT (Radiography and Fluoroscopy); CPR.
- Successful completion of CT orientation.
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.