PIH Health STERILE PROCESSING TECHNICIAN (DOWNEY); PER DIEM, VARIABLE SHIFT in Downey, California
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
The Sterile Processing Technician works independently, performing all tasks related to the processing, maintenance, decontamination, cleaning, storage, assembly, sterilization, distribution, and documentation of surgical instruments and equipment. This position is responsible for assembling and sets up of trays when new instruments are purchased. Reports to Sterile Processing Supervisor.
- Clinical knowledge of surgical instruments
- Independent performer
- Good interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Pays attention to detail
- Able to prioritize work Required Experience
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Previous experience as Sterile Processing Technician
- Knowledge of surgical instruments, equipment
- Knowledge of sterilization principles.
- Operating Room Technician education
- Knowledgeable in AORN (Association of Operating Room Nurses) recommended Standards for Sterilization
- Knowledgeable in AAMI (Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation)
- Certification by an Accredited School for Instrument Technician
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V
Tracking Code: 4900-977
Job Location: Downey, California, United States
Position Type: Per Diem
Shift Hours: variable