PIH Health ENGINEER/HVAC TECHNICIAN (DOWNEY); PER DIEM, VARIABLE SHIFT in Downey, California
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
The Engineer - HVAC Technician is responsible for the proper and continued operation and maintenance of all building mechanical systems necessary to maintain a safe and satisfactory working environment that will sustain and preserve assets. Tasks of performing PM work on equipment, proactively identifying and problem solving. Operate, maintain, and perform repairs on assigned HVAC equipment and controls, chilled water systems, boilers, refrigeration equipment and various other mechanical, electrical and building systems to ensure optimal performance.
- HVAC control systems service and repair experience.
- Experience in servicing and maintaining of a wide variety of HVAC Control systems and air systems.
- Good record keeping skills, dependability, and good physical condition.
- Good judgment, common sense, honest, reliable, ability to work with little or no direct supervision.
Identify potential problems during shift rounds, develop corrective actions, and provide adequate follow through. Required Experience
High School or GED is required
- Trade school graduate with courses in HVAC and control systems is required
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience with commercial HVAC equipment and systems.
- Hospital experience preferred.
- Demonstrated competence in HVAC repair and maintenance.
- Must have a valid California Drivers License
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V
Tracking Code: 4893-977
Job Location: Downey, California, United States
Position Type: Per Diem
Shift Hours: Variable