Sony Pictures Entertainment Intern - Information Security in Culver City, California
Intern - Information Security
The Intern of Information Security will be part of a dynamic and growing Information Security Group. This person will play a critical role in helping the team achieve its objectives in four (4) key areas; compliance; operational; reporting/analytics; and strategic improvement. The Intern will assist the team with reviewing assessment findings, documentation, technology processes, and implementing controls in a wide range of environments.
The Intern will be expected to interact with members of the Information Assurance and larger Sony Pictures community.
The core responsibilities for the Intern, Information Security including but are not limited to the following:
• Assist with the planning of future control and risk assessments. This will include assessments of entities associated with SPE.
• Support performing control and risk assessments. Responsible for comprehensive documentation of the identified gaps and related risk from the technical as well as from the business perspective.
• Review external policies or standards related to Information Security, comparison and gap analysis to internal security policies and requirements.
• Support ongoing risk monitoring initiative.
• Support and assist with Privacy Initiatives across SPE.
• Assist with planning and implementation of security assurance programs.
• Project manage and organize internal meetings and tasks.
• Work across teams to ensure consistent processes and messaging.
• Prepare and present regular reports as required, including statistics relating to Information Assurance program.
• Help develop metrics and reporting for Information Security and Assurance functions.
• Help create PowerPoint presentations for senior leadership.
• Collaborate, develop and enhance systems and tools to manage information security risk.
• Assess the appropriateness and effectiveness of security measures and recommend enhancements.
• Assist with current and future change management procedures.
• Experience with SQL, Matlab, Stata, and/or Java Scripting.
• Excellent PowerPoint and Excel skills.
• Understanding and ability to create data flows and process diagrams.
• Understanding of change management and Software Development Life Cycle processes.
• Ability to manage priorities effectively and multi-task.
• Excellent project management and presentation skills.
• Demonstrate strong organizational and attention to detail skills.
• Ability to write and communicate clearly and effectively.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment, and foster collaboration.
• Ability to pick up new skills through self-learning and on the job training.
• Ability to adapt to changing or competing priorities.
• Desire to support and assist the team with ad hoc tasks.
• Demonstrated interest in Information Security and Risk.
SPE’s Fall Intern 2017 Program is a 12-week part-time program from September 25-December 15, 2017. All applicants must be enrolled in an accredited degree program for the entire duration of their internship and must be available for the full 12 week session.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
- Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Entertainment Inc., a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.