Sony Pictures Entertainment Financial Analyst Intern- Global Mastering and Servicing, Fall 2017 Internship in Culver City, California
Financial Analyst Intern- Global Mastering and Servicing, Fall 2017 Internship
The GMS Financial Analyst Intern will be hands-on, learning different facets of the post-theatrical mastering and distribution business. Using this knowledge, the GMS intern will help to design and develop new financial planning and reporting tools & metrics in order to allow Operations partners to better understand, grow and streamline their businesses.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Using Excel to create monthly, quarterly, and ad hoc financial reports
• Researching cost drivers on specific titles using multiple systems
• Manipulate large data sets and reconciling discrepancies
• Assisting in the creation of management reporting packages and presentations
• Assisting in the budgeting and forecasting process
The intern will gain experience/exposure to the following:
• Creating financial models
• Exposure to all aspects of post-theatrical mastering and distribution (post-production as well as distribution)
• How to perform cost analysis and create management reports
• How to evaluate title cost performance
• How to read financial statements
• Exposure to multiple divisions within the studio (Television, Home Entertainment, IT, etc.)
• Enrollment in an accredited college/university for the duration of the internship is required
• Finance, Economics, or Business Administration major required.
• Knowledge and/or interest in Entertainment
• Strong Excel skills (pivot tables, embedded formulas, etc.)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Resourceful self-starter
• Ability to quickly learn new systems.
SPE’s Fall Intern 2017 Program is a 12-week part-time program from September 25-December 15, 2017. All applicants must be enrolled in an accredited degree program for the entire duration of their internship and must be available for the full 12 week session.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
- Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Entertainment Inc., a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.