DHL eCommerce Area Manager, eCommerce Delivery Solutions in Compton, California
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/VET
Location: California, Compton (LAX)
Job Code: 2454
# of Openings: 1
As an Area manager you will be responsible for operational management and support at various service center locations to ensure efficient and timely pick-up and delivery handling of customer materials and shipments. As such you will ensure compliance with safety, security, regulatory, and company policies.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partner in the development and set up of a distribution hub and consumer pick up network including implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Oversee hub, depot and parcel shop operations including productivity, service, personnel and local vendor, retailer relationships.
- Source and manage multiple delivery service providers across multiple pick-up points in the service area.
- Ensures all material is picked up and delivered from/to all area accounts in accordance with DHL guidelines
- Responsible for ensuring performance is in accordance with organizational policies, procedures, and performance management processes.
- Liaison between vendors, operations and sales.
- Oversee service audits both internal and external; address and follow up on client concerns and needs; resolve service issues.
- Conduct Time in Transit tests using dispatch technology to ensure final mile delivery fleet is performing efficiently.
- Manage Recognition Programs for internal and external team members in alignment with Corporate Office and HR.
- Responsible for hiring, training, coaching, and developing subordinate staff. Assigns work, sets completion dates, reviews work, and manages performance in accordance with organizational policies, procedures, and performance management processes.
- Serve as a Super User of mobile apps & web based platforms.
- Conduct and ensure employee performance evaluations are completed in a timely and effective manner.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree required in Industrial Engineering or related field.
- 5 to 7 years of management experience in a pick-up and delivery environment required.
- Walking, bending, pushing, reaching and lifting up to 50 lbs (additional weight may be required with assistance).
- Noise level generated can be somewhat loud at times, but no damaging levels or protective equipment required.
Equal Opportuntiy Employer - Veterans/Disability