Athens Services Driver - Class A/B in City of Industry, California
# of Openings3
Job Locations US-CA-Torrance
Overview & Essential Job Functions
The Driver is responsible for safely operating a heavy-duty truck to perform assigned duties on container delivery, recycling, residential, commercial, or industrial (roll-off) routes. This position is responsible for efficiently servicing assigned customers, while complying with all local, state, and federal transportation regulations and with Company policies.
Essential Job Functions
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Occupational and Safety Health Act (OSHA)/Department of Transportation (DOT) requires as well as all local, state and federal requirements; maintains a clean and safe vehicle.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle using utilizing standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report).
- Ensures vehicle is operating correctly while on the route and notifies Route Supervisor/Dispatch/Maintenance of any concerns.
- Understands and practices operating as prescribed in Athens Services Safety Rules.
- Immediately reports any unsafe situations/service calls to Route Supervisor/Dispatch before attempting service.
- Participates and cooperates in all scheduled training, briefings, and Safety meetings as required by the Company.
- Makes use of standard tools and resources provided by the Company.
- Works closely with Route Supervisors to improve route efficiencies and identify problem or unsafe accounts.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Supervisor or Dispatch, assisting other company drivers as directed.
- Notifies Route Supervisor of any incidents/accidents/injures/property damage.
- Notifies Dispatch/Route Supervisor of issues as prescribed by Service Machine protocol, including blocked containers, potential missed pick-ups or problems that arise on the route.
- Communicates customer requests/issues to Dispatch/Route Supervisor.
- Completely dumps all containers and leaves the customer's location clean and free of debris.
- Completes and submits DCI'S (driver call inquiry).
- Properly positions containers on the customer's property.
- Follows route assignments throughout the day and completes all documentation when checking-in at the end of the route.
- Provides a positive professional customer attitude when dealing with customers.
- Assists other drivers in completing routes as directed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Environmental Demands
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Valid Class A or B Driver's License
- 3+ years of experience operating a commercial vehicle
- Minimum of 6 months experience in a heavy labor role
- Acceptable Driver Record
- Able to meet all DOT requirements
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations
- Bilingual English / Spanish
- Work experience in the waste, environmental services, energy, or transportation industry
- Standing, walking, seeing, hearing, & smelling continuously.
- Problem solving, oral/written communication, analytical ability, concentration, & interpersonal abilities continuously.
- Eye/hand coordination, handling, & wrist motion continuously.
- Bending, reaching, stretching, frequently, and lifting 50 Lbs. frequently.
- Exposure to dust, smoke, fumes, odors, grease, oil, chemicals, wet/hot conditions, & noise continuously.
- Works outside only.
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive benefit package Medical, Dental, Vision
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Career plan
- Recognition programs
- Professional development learning
- An exceptional work environment