Anthem Tech Project Manager 130998 in Cerritos, California
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Tech Program Manager
Responsible for the development and ongoing management of one or more multi-year programs.
Manages Enterprise wide programs of $2 M - $7M size with multiple concurrent sub-projects or equal complexity.
Responsible for applying project management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to project deliverables, processes, and systems.
In addition to all responsibilities of a project manager which include managing all aspects of a project including initiating, planning, executing, closing and controlling, primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2017 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers. EOE. M/F/Disabi *
• Minimum of 8 years professional project management experience managing increasing project size and complexity; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
• Demonstrated application of and proven success of project management methodology, management tools, analysis and research tools, documentation tools, and reporting tools required.
• Experience in coaching and mentoring project managers and team members.
• Experience in creating an effective team environment, building strong relationships, negotiation, solving problems and issues, resolving conflicts, managing resources in a matrix environment, communicating and influencing effectively at all levels of an organization.
• Demonstrated application of project management methodology required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
• Experience in applying standard, defined methodology to programs, and providing the leadership skills necessary to control the execution of the program deliverables.
• Experience leading cross functional teams.
• Ability to lead through influencing.
• Prefer PMP certification but willing to work with the right candidate who will get the certification within a year of employment
• Healthcare background is a must, prefer previous Anthem or CareMore IT experience
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Identify program and project management needs on large complex projects and programs.
• Mentors other project managers around project management methodology;
• Coaches and mentors project managers and team members.
Job Information Technology
Title: Tech Project Manager 130998
Requisition ID: 130998