Cedars-Sinai Physician Billing Coordinator III in Beverly Hills, California
Requisition #: M11715
Working Title: Physician Billing Coordinator III
Business Entity: MDN - Medical Delivery Network
Cost Center # - Cost Center Name: 0853050 - MNS BILLING SVC
City: Beverly Hills
Job Category: Finance/Patient Financial Services
Job Specialty: Physicians Billing
Position Type: Regular-F/T
Shift Length: 8hr
Hours: 8:30am - 5:00pm
Days: Monday - Friday
Shift Type: Day
Job Posting: The Physician Billing Coordinator III provides coding and educational support to clinical areas in the scope of coding, reimbursement and compliance with payer coding and billing requirements. Coordinates some insurance information and the review of charges in the Epic Charge Review Work queue. Provides feedback physician client base to increase knowledge of relationship between charge behavior, compliance and reimbursement levels.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Develops and maintains excellent working relationships with Cedars-Sinai Clinical Departments you support. Serves as liaison between Physician Billing Services and Clinical Departments in the coordination of billing and reimbursement. Serves as a resource for information on coding, billing and compliance feedback.
2. Make recommendations for improved operational processes so that billing information is received from client groups in a timely and accurate manner.
3. Utilizes computerized equipment to receive various medical reports.
4. Maintain current CPT and ICD-10 knowledge of assigned areas so that coding remains current.
5. May input some charges and relative insurance information into Epic Billing and Accounts Receivable system.
6. Verifies some insurance eligibility Make appropriate adjustments to respective patient’s accounts. When applicable, accept patient payments.
7. Works as a billing liaison between the patient and office.
8. Assists with identification and development of appropriate coding for new services and procedures provided by clinicians.
9. Identifies coding deficiencies with review of medical records and financial accounts and recommended corrective action to improve third-party reimbursement and minimize audit liability.
10. Coordinates the review of medical records and financial accounts with coding department and providers to maximize reimbursement for procedures performed.
11. Keeps apprised of rules and regulations affecting coding and reimbursement through appropriate Resources.
12. Attends meetings and participates in group problem solving.
13. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Education Certifications/Licensure Experience Physical Abilities High School graduate or equivalent. 5+ years experience in an professional billing setting reviewing and interpreting patient medical records using CPT and ICD-10 CM coding systems. Knowledge of physician billing practices and third party reimbursement guidelines and adjudication systems. Will consider a comparable level of education and experience. Certified Procedural Coder is a plus.
Ability to work with on-line computerized systems. Knowledge of PC based software applications ( (Microsoft Suite, such as Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
Demonstrated ability to work with all internal and external customers in a professional manner. Cooperation, flexibility and resourcefulness in dealing with internal and external customers. Ability to assist in orientation and training of new employees. Ability to work in a changing environment and handle multiple conflicting priorities.
Ability to sit for long periods of time, and answer telephones.
Have you updated your profile lately? If not, please click "Edit Profile" link at the top of this page.