Cedars-Sinai Clinical Nurse, Procedural (Preop-PACU) in Beverly Hills, California
Requisition #: M11712
Working Title: Clinical Nurse, Procedural (Preop-PACU)
Business Entity: MDN - Medical Delivery Network
Cost Center # - Cost Center Name: 0103600 - CS Endoscopy
City: Beverly Hills
Job Category: Allied Health/Clinical
Job Specialty: Other Allied Health
Position Type: Regular-F/T
Shift Length: 8hr
Hours: 6:30am - 3:00PM
Days: Monday - Friday
Shift Type: Day
Weekends: As Needed
Job Posting: Provides individualized and specialized nursing care to patients in accordance with physician's orders, recognized nursing techniques, legal aspects of current nurse practice within the state of California and Center policies and procedures. Functions collaboratively with physicians and staff, exhibiting teamwork characteristics. Demonstrates initiative, insight and sound judgment in decision-making. May be requested to cross train to work in the procedure room.
1. Assesses, evaluates and accurately records patient's pre-procedure and post-anesthesia status and provides supportive care during the post-procedure phase. Maintains accurate and complete nursing records.
2. Investigates and intervenes when problems or complications arise, and communicates appropriate information to co-workers and charge nurse and documents same.
3. Initiates emergency measures as indicated.
4. Communicates pertinent information to co-workers.
5. Administers medications in accordance with physicians’ orders.
6. Accountable for administration of drugs, IV procedures and other therapeutic measures in a safe and accurate manner.
7. Provides a safe environment for the patient to prevent potential injury
8. Maintains log book.
9. Anticipates and assists with maintaining adequate inventory of supplies and medications.
10. Responsible for implementing recovery room and discharge orders, providing post-discharge teaching, reviewing home care instructions, and documentation patient's and caregiver’s understanding.
11. Provides guidance and mentoring to orienting staff members.
12. Consults with charge nurse, physician and anesthesiologist when appropriate.
13. Assists in maintaining an up-to-date, functional emergency cart.
14. Seeks educational opportunities and accepts responsibility for personal professional growth and development.
15. Actively participates in in-service opportunities and staff meetings.
16. Willingly accepts direction from the Nurse Manager, Charge Nurse and physicians and adheres to established protocols.
17. Maintains patients’ rights to privacy by not discussing privileged information outside the work area or within hearing range of visitors/family and patients.
18. Demonstrates flexibility in performing other duties as directed and required.
19. Functions within the legal limits of nursing practice.
20. Refers situations beyond capability or job responsibilities to a nursing supervisor.
21. Reports errors of commission/omission and communicates errors to the nursing supervisor, gastroenterologist and/or anesthesiologist.
22. Participates in the Center’s QAPI program.
23. Assists with completing the procedure log.
24. Demonstrates a willing ness to cross-train to work in the procedure room and accepts assignments as requested.
25. Perform other duties as requested, which may include such activities as:
a. participating in medical records audits
b. stocking supply and medication inventory
c. ordering supplies
d. collecting data for infection control and QAPI activities at the center
e. Transporting patients to vehicles at discharge
f. Participating in the revision of center policy and procedures
g. Participating in the QAPI Committee or other committees such as the safety Committee.
Education Certifications/Licensure Experience Physical Abilities QUALIFICATIONS:
-Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required. BSN Preferred.
-Current CA state license to practice as a Registered Nurse required
-Experience in gastroenterology practice or endoscopy center or unit preferred
-Basic Life Support certification required
-Advance Cardiac Life Support certification required
-2-5 years of nursing experience
- Able to speak and read English and interpret documents such as safety rules, policy and
procedure manuals, and operating and maintenance instructions
-National certification in a nursing specialty preferred.
Work area is well lighted and ventilated. Regularly exposed to the risks of blood borne and airborne diseases. Contact with patients in a wide variety of circumstances. Exposed to noise, chemicals, communicable diseases, and hazardous materials. Wears personal protective equipment as required.
The minimum requirements of this position require the individual to:
■ Stand for 6 to 8 hour(s) per day
■ Sit for 1 hour(s) per day
■ Walk for 1 to 2 hour(s) per day
■ Perform repetitive tasks/motions
■ Distinguish colors
■ Hear alarms/telephone/normal speaking voice
■ Have good manual dexterity
■ Have good eye-hand-foot coordination
■ Have clarity of vision
■ Have good writing ability
Evaluate the requirements and activity percentage in time for this position based on the following:
1 - Not at all (0%)
2 - Occasionally (1 - 33%)
3 - Frequently (34 - 66%)
4 - Continuously (67 - 100%):
2 Pulling with force
2 Reaching above head
2 Reaching above shoulder
3 Twisting at waist
3 Push/pull (up to 75 lbs.)
3 Lift/carry (up to 20 lbs.)
2 Lift from floor level up
2 Lift from waist level up
2 Lift above shoulders/head
Have you updated your profile lately? If not, please click "Edit Profile" link at the top of this page.