Caldera Medical Downstream Product Manager in Agoura Hills, California
Downstream Product Manager
Caldera Medical is a growth stage medical device company focused on designing, manufacturing, and marketing products into the Gynecology, Urology and Urogynecology surgical markets. We are searching for a highly motivated, dynamic and results oriented individual with solid clinical and business acumen. The primary purpose of this role is to provide the VOC to the development process to ensure only best in class products are brought to market.
Responsibilities include product management, product launch and post market surveillance activities. Actively participates in the product platform strategies. Support and collaborate with cross-functional product team ensuring VOC is heard.
Must be able to communicate with all areas of the company, will interact on a regular basis with QA/RA, R&D, Marketing, Sales, Customers and Senior Leadership. Must create outbound market strategy, providing content and domain expertise on product positioning, key benefits and target customers.
Benchmarks competition and stays fluent with state of the art in clinical practice. Conducts detailed analyses of market trends, issues and the competitive environment. Forms strategic plans for product lines. Leads the effort to initiate new product strategies in the form of supporting existing brands. Evaluates the needs of sales personnel and initiates strategies that meet requirements.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Drive creative campaigns, sales tools and program development for Caldera's products, including market analysis and sales analytics
• Create and execute product messaging and strategy for new product launch
• Conduct detailed research and analysis to understand product sales and positioning, the market, industry, potential applications, and competitor trends for the business area
• Develop product launch plans for out robust product development pipeline.
• Provide frequent updates to the field to communicate product related information and competitor activities
• Identify customer needs and provide input for improvement to processes, new market opportunities and future business development.
• Develop and execute on positioning strategies for new and existing products
• Conduct product training for field sales force
• Analyze product line performance from both a quantitative and qualitative standpoint to make recommendations for product life cycle management
• Identify, plan and manage Caldera’s participation in regional events, including domestic tradeshows, local industry meetings and workshops
Expected Areas of Competence:
• Uses knowledge of existing products, new developments and market needs to formulate strategic and creative marketing plans.
• Develops a firm understanding of financial trends and performance in specific product lines. Prepares forecasts and identifies market shifts and threats.
• Uses and understands technical medical language to interact with internal and external customers. Translates technical language and discusses it internally in business terms.
• Assesses brand viability relative to existing products with new product offerings to enhance overall brand offering. Champions the brand through a comprehensive understanding of customer and end-user needs and product positioning relative to the competition.
• Builds and maintains long-term relationships with high level surgeon consultants, key strategic customers and regional sales teams to promote and support the Caldera Medical brands.
• B.A/B.S. degree, preferably with major in scientific discipline or business.
• MBA preferred but not required.
• 3-4 years of healthcare product management, marketing or sales experience, preferably with medical devices.
• Familiarity with the Urology and/or Gynecology market is preferred.
• Travel 25-30%
• Must be a self-starter.
• Excellent presentation, verbal, written communication skills.
• Communication, relationship-building, and project management skills are critical to success
• A track record of customer oriented problem identification and definition.
• Demonstrates initiative with proven ability to successfully manage multiple projects in a dynamic environment with a sense of urgency. Familiarity with Microsoft Project a plus.
• Willingness to “roll up sleeves” to perform at all levels and assist in areas outside of core responsibilities.
• Detail oriented with strong strategic thinking and analytical skills.
• Competitive Compensation
• Medical / Dental Benefits – 75% paid for employee and family members
• 401(k) with 4% matching contributions
• Basic Life and AD&D
• Unlimited Vacation
• 6 Weeks Paid Maternity Leave